Please can some one give me Sri Lankan Love Cake Recipe?
Numerous variations: this is only one ..
Sri Lankan Love Cake
7 eggs, separated
2 cups superfine sugar
1 1/4 cups semolina
2 1/4 cups raw cashews, chopped finely
2 tablespoons rosewater
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground mace
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Line a 8-inch square panwith 2 thicknesses of baking paper.
2. Beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until creamy.
3. Stir in the cashews, rose water, semolina, lemon rind, honey, spices and almond essence.
4. Whip the egg whites to stif, but not dry, peaks. Fold into the mixture and mix well.
5. Pour into the prepared pan
6. bake in 150degC or 300degF until the love cake is goldenbrown in color. It should also feels firm when touched. Cover the top with foil if the love cake start to brown too quickly.
7. Remove to stand in the pan until cold.
Cut into small squares while in the pans. Lift to serve.