Price?????????

Baking By SweetDelites Updated 28 Sep 2011 , 10:32am by Dani1081

SweetDelites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelites Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 6

How much for 65 baby shower cupcakes, decorated??????

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 6

I charge $3.00 each for basic buttercream swirl..no embellishments...$3.50 for a fondant flower or decoration...and higher if really intricate.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 6

Depends on your cost and time making them. If you are doing it as a business, it also helps to know your local market and what customers are getting elsewhere and are willing to pay for yours. I charge $1.25 for simple BC swirl, no filling, maybe sprinkles, anything after that cost extra$$!

AliBakes6167 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AliBakes6167 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 6

at least $150, but it sounds like you've got some extra decorating to do? make sure you charge for it or you'll end up losing out and hating your job. icon_smile.gif Here in NZ I charge just under $3.50 for my basic cupcakes, any type of fondant deco etc at all - I automatically add at least an extra $.50 per cupcake. You've got to make sure you pay yourself, otherwise it's not worth it & people will keep expecting you to do the same thing at the same price.

SweetDelites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelites Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:15am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the help. icon_smile.gif

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:32am
post #6 of 6

Completely depends on the decorations! A standard sized cupcake here goes for $1.50 to $2.50. That is the cake, a buttercream swirl and maybe sprinkles or another SIMPLE garnish. Fondant toppers, flowers, themed designs, etc., are added into the price based on the difficulty and time spent on the decorations. Also, if you fill your cakes, that's another .25 or so per cupcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%