Cheesecake Pieces Baked Into A Cake?

Baking By hbrown8176 Updated 24 Sep 2011 , 2:02am by Mala

hbrown8176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbrown8176 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:17am
post #1 of 4

I am making a birthday cake for my husband. He loves cheesecake, so I was thinking to make a devil's food cake with pieces of cheesecake added to the batter. For a filling, I am thinking cream cheese or using some of the cheesecake and making it into a filling by thinning it out a bit. I have never made a cake with an add-in before. Does the batter need to be particularly thick to prevent pieces of cheesecake from sinking? Will that even work? Thanks in advance for any advice!

3 replies
KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:45am
post #2 of 4

I don't remember who it is on this site that makes a cake that has an actual cheesecake layer inbetween the two cakes layers.

I believe it was red velvet with cheesecake layer and then a red velvet on top. Decorated in buttercream. When I find it I will add the link. It looks absolutely scrumptious.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 1:48am
post #3 of 4

hbrown8176: I too, will be interested in how others respond. I saw a cake recently and don't remember where I was looking, but the title sounded like this is what is was talking about and I didn't have time to read it, but I too had quite a few questions about it. We will both learn something.

Mala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mala Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 2:02am
post #4 of 4

I don't know about putting cheesecake crumbs on the cake batter, but I did used baked cheesecake as my filling on some of my cakes. What I do is that, I bake my cheesecakes (on the same cake pan size of the cake you're baking) 2 days before I bake my cakes. I just put the cheesecakes in the fridge for 2 days and it get firms enough. It's actually a good filling for cakes coz it hold its shape nicely and firmly. If you see my cake photos the one w/ the folding and billowing techniques, I have cheesecake fillings in that. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%