I Just Got My Homebakedgoods Certificate! Please Help!

Business By iytsi Updated 6 Oct 2011 , 7:45pm by Eaglewoman

iytsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iytsi Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 5

hi girls!! i just got my food handlers card last week and i register to sell my baked good made in my home yeiii!!! now i have a question and if someone can answer it will be great !! can i sell my cakes, cookies, and cupcakes to a store near my home ??? im asking beacuse i have a friend that owns a party supplies store and she wants me to make differents kind of cookies and cupcakes and slices of cakes to sell in her store, can i do that????
does she need to have some kind of licence to sell my baked goods? even when its totally legal for me to sell my baked goods from home???

hoo, and im living in arizona! i have my food handlers card and i just register and got my Homebakedgoods Certificate‏ im sooo exited !! i just have my first paid cake order!!
thanksss in advance !!

4 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 5

Congratulations! But you must ask your inspector about any license restrictions. Pay attention hon, the rules are important if you want to keep your license. As for your friend who owns a business - most states require that all businesses selling food must have some form of a food handlers license. She needs to contact her county health department. And, again, congratulations!

Eaglewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eaglewoman Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 3:30am
post #3 of 5

I too just got my food service card and registered with the State of Arizona last week.
This is directly copied from: http://www.azdhs.gov/phs/oeh/fses/goods/faqs/index.htm#Q01

Get your food handler card (if offered in your county) and then register online with the Home Baked and Confectionary Goods Program. You will receive an email stating you are enrolled in the program. Once you receive confirmation of your registration, follow the guidelines for developing a package label and start making your product. As long as your product has the appropriate label, it can be sold in a retail food establishment. Example: You sell whole fruit pies to Restaurant ABC and provide the appropriate label. They can sell slices of that pie to their customers as long as they notify the customer that it was made in a private home. The law requires that this information be given to the final consumer of the product.

Hope this helps!

JO13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JO13 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 5

Please help me understand further about the steps in baking at AZ home. Having Food Handlers Card and conformation of registration ..... What is the next step to take? Is it possible to bake in your own kitchen, or do I need a separate kitchen that has to be Inspected?
Can you recommend a program for an appopriate packaging label.
Thank You

Eaglewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eaglewoman Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 5

this is the link to find all the info to have a home bakery in Maricopa County, Arizona.


all you need is food service/handlers card, then register with the state. you can use your own home kitchen. the health dept has the right to inspect the premises at any time, so if you follow the rules of the food handlers card you're good to go.
The test for the FH card took 5 minutes, I got the card and registered with the state same day. And cost $15. Got an email with certificate within 48 hours
It was really easy and fast.
Hope this helps, good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%