Best Selling Cupcake Flavors

Baking By cblupe Updated 23 May 2013 , 2:16pm by cakefat

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 1:02pm
post #31 of 42

Lots of good sounding recipes posted! Think I'm gonna give a few a try, especially the maple bacon!

lizabethy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabethy Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 1:38pm
post #32 of 42

My top pick are also red velvet with cream cheese icing and any combo candy with chocoalte cake with salted caramel frosting. I make a lot of homemade caramels and also toffee to go with that combo. My 3rd best right now is pumpkin. People always like a vanilla cupcake filled with a lemon curd though.

I don't have as many that like coffee flavored cupcakes though, and I really enjoy that flavor combo myself.

Someone ask for a red velvet cake...this is the recipe I use with good results. It's very moist and decatent.
http://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-cake/

AMACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMACakes Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 3:11pm
post #33 of 42

Lizabethy, do you use that red velvet recipe from Bakerella for cupcakes as well? Does it turn out as well as the cake? I've heard that sometimes cake recipes don't translate well when converted to cupcake size.

lizabethy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabethy Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 3:33pm
post #34 of 42

It bakes up beautifully. It is a very moist cake, and it bakes up very high with a rounded top. They stay fresh for a long time and are delicious. I skip adding 2 oz. of red food coloring and go for 1 oz, with an extra ounce of water added in. I've made them blue and green before as well. They are my daughters favorite cucpake so I'll be making them pink in a couple of weeks for her birthday. The recipe makes about 30 cupcakes if I remember correctly. It's delicious with cream cheese or whipped cream cheese frosting.

Pinterest is full of maple bacon cupcake recipes. It's a pancake/maple flavored cupcake with a maple swiss buttercream. I use candied bacon on them...and they are a hit! I made them for a tailgaiting party and they were gone in a flash!

Here is the recipe. I do not use her buttercream recipe though. I just make my swiss buttercream and then add in some maple syrup.

http://www.theextraordinaryartofcake.com/2010/06/maple-buttermilk-pancake-cupcakes.html

Vera-CupcakesGarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vera-CupcakesGarden Posted 3 Nov 2012 , 10:11pm
post #35 of 42

Yes! Red Velvet is always my choice! The taste is great and they are always look amazing! The second placed is reserved for chocolate!

youniquetreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youniquetreats Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 2:40am
post #36 of 42

ABanana pudding Red velvet Strawberry moscato My top three Sellers

Cashismine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cashismine Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 6:01pm
post #37 of 42

I just really started baking but my family love the Red Velvet, Pink Lemonade, and 7up cupcakes

sophymalik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophymalik Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 9:06pm
post #38 of 42

OMG

maple bacon does sound sensational!

does anyone have a good recipe? 

cheers :)

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 9:28pm
post #39 of 42

AIf you Google search there are a bunch of recipes ....don't know what the best one is

SecretGardenCcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretGardenCcs Posted 22 May 2013 , 10:44am
post #40 of 42

AVanilla rose Red velvet Chocolate toffee caramel Sometimes chocolate velvet Not much else...

And I have 20 flavours!

jatctt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jatctt Posted 23 May 2013 , 1:39pm
post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by youniquetreats 

Banana pudding
Red velvet
Strawberry moscato
My top three Sellers

OMG, I literally sucked in my breath at the mention of strawberry moscato.....if you are willing to share that recipe I would be delighted!

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 23 May 2013 , 2:16pm
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretGardenCcs 

Vanilla rose

Vanilla rose! that sounds very nice. Do you use rose water or rose essence in the recipe? Just curious how you get the rose flavoring in there?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%