How Do I Cream

Baking By CakeFIED Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 11:20pm by cakestyles

CakeFIED Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeFIED Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 3

every time i try to make a cake using the creaming method,it jus doesnt work.Jus how do i do it right.whether i use a hand mixer or by hand my cakes are never as fluffy as they should be. They have a hard elastic like texture.

Please help

2 replies
VioletVision Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VioletVision Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not an expert but here are my suggestions: It is always best to start with butter that is at room temp, so it is nice and soft. Also use caster sugar rather than granulated sugar. I usually use a whisk to cream the butter and sugar together, hand or electric. It should go a cream colour and if you taste it you can hardly feel the grains of sugar. Once it is like that I then add the eggs one at a time, whisking them in. I then use a spatula to incorporate the flour.
What recipe are you using?

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 3

I use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and I pretty much put it on 6 or 7 and forget about it for a while...I grease my pans or do something else and come back.

My butter becomes very light in color and the sugar/butter mixture more than doubles in volume.

But your creaming method may not be the problem. If your cakes have a weird texture it could be overmixing once you add your dry ingredients which could overwork the gluten in your flour resulting in a tough cake.

It could also be the recipes you're using.

Proper mixing is very important but so is accurate weighing/measuring of your ingredients....especially your dry ingredients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%