"gluing" A Structure Together... Help!

Decorating By lsz1978 Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 7:17pm by yummy_in_my_tummy

lsz1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsz1978 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 2

hi!

i am making a beyblade cake for my son's 6th birthday party this coming weekend.

the actual cake will sit atop a piece of MDF that is attached to a piece of PVC pipe, which will attach to another piece of MDF (in the shape of the stadium). i have made the the underparts of the beyblade (which will not be eaten and are only to complete the beyblade structure) out of gumpaste and fondant. these part will be attached to the PVC pipe and each other... here's my question:

i'm not sure exactly what to glue the bottom pieces together with? it's for the pieces of the beyblade, which right now are right side up but will be flipped (once glued) to put the cake on top and decorate. it needs to be able to stick together and not fall down!

does this make sense? i could sent a pic if necessary? let me know your thoughts, PLEASEicon_smile.gif!!!!

1 reply
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 2

I have NO idea what beyblade is and I'm not sure what end result you're going for (lol), but could you use Royal Icing?? It dries really hard and is pretty strong... I use it to glue lots of stuff icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%