Making A Booth For Sugar Work

Sugar Work By Delynn Updated 23 Sep 2011 , 4:05pm by TexasSugar

Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:56am
post #1 of 4

HELP?

Anyone out there have the dimensions to make a plexiglass booth for sugar work (warming the sugar for pulling, etc.). I've seen a couple of home-made ones at a convention, complete with the hot bulb and brooder-type shield but never thought of taking measurements. I recently acquired a 3'x7' piece of plexiglass that I want to cut up and attach hinges to for easy storage.

3 replies
ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 4

I don't have any measurements, but have you tried looking up the ones that are sold online? Look at their sizes and see if one would fit your needs and the place you plan on using it.
HTH

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 4

No magic dimensions--just whatever works for you.

Once you hang the heat lamp in the middle, you wind up with a very hot spot, a warm ring, and outer cool spots--all very useful at various times in the process.

My particular box is a 2ft. cube--3 sides of bent plexiglass, a wooden top with a hole for the heat lamp to hang thru, an open front, and a piece of pegboard inside the bottom with a silpat mat on top of that.

Rae

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 4

http://www.cakesafe.com/store/sugarWarmingBox.php

Here is a site that has some dimensions on it. As Blakes said there doesn't have to be an exact size, but it will give you an idea.

I have the one that is $165. I love it. It folds up and doesn't take up very much room.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%