Strawberry Or Chocolate Cake?

Decorating By theCword Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 9:32pm by bobwonderbuns

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a 3 tiered 1st b-day cake this week for my cute little nephew. I'll be going with either a 6,8,10 or a 6,9,12. I haven't decided yet.

I know I'm making my biggest layer vanilla. But I keep going back and forth on which of the 2 smaller ones should I make chocolate and which I should make strawberry.

In your experience, what do people like most? My sister doesn't care and has left it up to me to decide.

What about his smash cake? I hear chocolate is best for pictures.

2 replies
vgereis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgereis Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 3

I"m no expert by any means... but I guess if it were me.. I'd choose chocolate for the medium and the strawberry for the smaller... However, I guess you know your family/guests and their preferences better than we do! I always figure vanilla and chocolate are the most "popular" requests... As for the smash cake... I'd say chocolate too. My son's first birthday cake was chocolate.. and boy was it everywhere.. and made for some great pictures! icon_surprised.gif) It was his first taste of anything remotely cake-like, and definitely his very first ever taste of chocolate... when we put his piece of cake in front of it.. he almost didn't know what to do with it! lol!

In the end... no matter what you do... you're doing it with love, and if your sister said it doesn't matter... just go with your gut instinct! And enjoy the party! Bet your nephew is going to love the cake!

Best,

Vicky

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 3

Agreed, I'd go with the medium cake chocolate and the small cake strawberry. For the smash cake, however, I'd do Vanilla (same as the bottom tier) because not all babies can handle chocolate. That's my own policy on smash cakes and all the moms have agreed with me on it. But please be sure to post a picture, I'd love to see the finished result! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%