Need Idea-Hospital Housekeeping

Decorating By JackieDryden Updated 18 Sep 2011 , 3:35am by JackieDryden

JackieDryden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackieDryden Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 7

My friend that I grew up with is a supervisor in the housekeeping dept at a hospital. Next week is housekeeping appreciation week and she's ordered 5 dozen cupcakes. What the heck do I put on them? I thought some maybe fondant plaques that say thank you or awsome-but what else? She's not picky, but I thought something fitting the why they are getting them would be good.

6 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 7

I always think of the yellow folding sign that says "Caution - Wet Floor"

JackieDryden Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 7

See I completely missed that idea! And btw these are for pick up Tues. morning. So any ideas I can get so I can work on the pieces Sunday would be awsome! I love this place!

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 7

bed pans? towels, mops? sanitizer buckets, sponges thats all I could think of for now LOL

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 7

If you make your pieces out of fondant, you can start on them whenever you want. I never worry about them getting too hard. You can still eat them when they are firm. A lot people pick off the decorations anyway.

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 7

a mop? (pretzel stick handle and fondant pushed thru a press to make the strings of a mop)
small yellow rubber gloves ( just cut out small mittens?)
shape a small piece of fondant to resemble a gray garbage bag and put a tie on it....
broom and dust pan....use the pretzel stick handle again and mold a piece of fondant at the bottom of the broom making ridges on it with a knife...
shape fondant into a bar of soap....put a small square by it for a cloth

JackieDryden Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 3:35am
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys. I had thought about the broom idea, but thats about as far as I got~then I was stuck! So helpfull!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%