Ganache Filled Cupcakes

Baking By rlowry03 Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 7:34pm by sillywabbitz

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 1:20am
post #1 of 9

I've recently been exposed to the world of ganache! Oh the possibilities of delicious chocolate added to everything I make!

I would like to try ganache filled cupcakes. What ratio of chocolate to cream should I use, and what consistency should it be?

8 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 1:48am
post #2 of 9

it depends on what you want for the inside. i think you could definitely do a whipped kind in the center...but i wouldn't use a glaze ratio. may be too messy. http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/chocolate-ganache/detail.aspx

I would use the one to one ratio icon_smile.gif welcome to the wonderful world of Ganache!

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 1:57am
post #3 of 9

Thanks! Whipped sounds like a delicious texture.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 6:25am
post #4 of 9

I'll throw my 2 cents in here with a sugestion. I used to fill cupcakes with ganache and hated the little ball in the middle that you get all in one bite. So, now I swirl my cupcake tops in the ganache, let it set up, and then use the star tip to cover in frosting, being sure to let the edges of the ganache show. After asking customers, they like this much better... ganache in every bite and a beautiful presentation.

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 9:46am
post #5 of 9

I do almost the same as spc1127, but I dip mine in ganache, and then just a little star of frosting for decoration.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 10:24am
post #6 of 9

Amarylliss, you explained it better. That is what I do. I dip it and twist it.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 11:34am
post #7 of 9

I'm still in the old school of filling cupcakes with ganache, or caramel (primarily dulche de leche), or the fluffy white frosting (I posted the recipe on CC). I take the wide end of a large pastry tip and twist it into the top of the unfrosted cupcake. It takes a plug of cake out and I put the filling into the resulting hole. Then I replace the plug and gently tap it down. I frost the cupcakes as usual. i make my ganache with milk chocolate and with a bit more cream than the ratio that I use for ganache that undercoats fondant so that it has a softer mouth feel. I've also used leftover frostings that i've frozen from earlier cakes or fillings because a little goes a long way in cupcake fillings.

Joanna1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanna1 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 9

I normally use the 2:1 ratio for my ganache. Would this whip ok? or should it be the 1:1 ratio for whipping. Also, what are the advantages of whipping the ganache instead of just using it without whipping?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 7:34pm
post #9 of 9

Keep in mind the type of chocolate you use is also an issue. If you use chocolate chips the ganache is naturally a lot softer so if you use a 2 choc to 1 cream ratio it's still pretty soft. If you use a bakers chocolate then this would be a lot stiffer. I am totally addicted to ganache now tooicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%