Cake Pop Vs Cake Truffle Screwup!

Baking By BakedAlaska Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 6:14am by Annabakescakes

BakedAlaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedAlaska Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 7

I'm completely distraught! I was up till past 2am finishing up a wedding order of 120 elegant cake pops. Unfortunately, as I was informed by the bride today via email, the order was for 120 cake truffles!

I looked back at the contract, and sure enough, truffle is written all over it. Dang! Now what?! I've offered to make a cake pop stand of some sort so the pops can be easily and elegantly displayed. But I haven't heard back.

What action would you take at this point? The wedding is tomorrow. I was supposed to deliver tonight as I'm headed out of town tomorrow.

icon_cry.gif

6 replies
Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 7

Pull them off the sticks and voila, you have cake truffles!!! That is actually how I make my cake truffles all the time....It is easier to coat them on a stick so there isn't all that pile of chocolate at the bottom when you dip a cake truffle. I let them harden on the stick and then with my index finger under the cakeball on one side of the stick and my middle finger under the cakeball on the other side of the stick, I just pull it right off and put it in a mini cupcake liner...cake truffles!!

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena4016

Pull them off the sticks and voila, you have cake truffles!!! That is actually how I make my cake truffles all the time....It is easier to coat them on a stick so there isn't all that pile of chocolate at the bottom when you dip a cake truffle. I let them harden on the stick and then with my index finger under the cakeball on one side of the stick and my middle finger under the cakeball on the other side of the stick, I just pull it right off and put it in a mini cupcake liner...cake truffles!!

Exactly! So long as they are decorated to how she wanted them I don't see what the issue is.

Wear gloves (preferably chocolate gloves) so that you don't leave finger prints, pull them off the sticks. If you wanted to, you could put a drop of chocolate in each of the mini cupcake liners to seal the hole the stick will leave behind.

BakedAlaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedAlaska Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 7

I did briefly consider yanking the sticks out. But when I make cake truffles, I use a toothpick as a stick and don't coat the end of it with chocolate to hold the ball on the stick. With cake pops, I do coat the stick in chocolate. So, I'm afraid pulling these off the sticks will destroy them.

I spoke with the bride and I'm going to construct four 12x12 cake pop stands to hold 30 cake pops each. This is going to add a lot of extra time and effort to my already overextended day. icon_sad.gif

Note to self: READ THE CONTRACT.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 7

You could put them in plastic sleeves and tie them off with a pretty ribbon. That way people can serve themselves and you won't have to make a stand.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 3:14am
post #6 of 7

Can you just TRY to pull the sticks out? I know the bride is dealing with the change - but I'm sure she'd really rather have what she ordered.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 6:14am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

Can you just TRY to pull the sticks out? I know the bride is dealing with the change - but I'm sure she'd really rather have what she ordered.

That's what I was thinking! If you gave it a twist and pull, it probably would have worked out just fine. Dab a bit of chocolate on it and done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%