Could This Day Get Any Better????

Lounge By JGMB Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 6:30pm by QTCakes1

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 12

This could go down in history as one of my best days ever!!

The lady who picked up her cake this morning was thrilled with it, even tho it wasn't one of my favorites.

The $50 cookie gift certificate I donated to the Rotary silent auction resulted in a lovely woman calling me today to order $150 worth of cookies over and above the value of the certificate.

I'm working on my 1st ever wedding cake, and so far, so good.

Last but not least, Panera just called to tell me that I'm one of the 3 finalists chosen from hundreds of applicants in their Breaducation contest! The next step is that I compete in a cook-off against the other 2 finalists in a cook-off at Le Cordon Bleu in Chicago. ME, cooking at Le Cordon Bleu!!!!

Now, if I could only fly down to New Orleans and deal with my daughter's former boss who's slandering her and making her life miserable, this day would be the best ever!!!! icon_wink.gif

11 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 12

Great job! I am excited for you! Keep up the good work!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 12

Nice! thumbs_up.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 12

Wow, what a great day! Congrats on being a finalist, that's awesome. Oh, I live about 2ur hours from N.O, I'll take care of the boss. thumbs_up.gif

JGMB Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 12:03am
post #5 of 12

Thanks for the kind words, ladies! And, Vanna, I'm depending on you now to kick the stuffing out of that mean woman for me. icon_wink.gif

Oh, and I just delivered the wedding cake. The couple loved it so much that they made me stand between them behind the cake for a photo. I was so excited!!

JGMB Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 12

Well, the Panera competition is Saturday morning. Anyone reading this thread, please send good thoughts my way!!!!! I honestly don't even care if I win -- I just hope I don't embarrass myself. icon_redface.gif

There are 3 of us competing -- me, a younger man, and an older woman. We have one hour to make something using a Panera French baguette. I've decided to do a Raisin Pecan Bread Pudding with Nutmeg Sauce.

One of the judges from Bravo's Top Chef, the head baker of Panera, and the head of Chicago's Le Cordon Bleu will be judging.

Please think of me on Saturday morning!!! icon_smile.gif

JGMB Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 12

In case anyone is interested in the outcome, I did participate in the Panera Breaducation cook-off today at Le Cordon Bleu Chicago. I came in 2nd out of 3, but had a wonderful day, anyway!!

I was the only one who really enjoyed it, I think. The other woman was so stressed out that she actually cried before it started. The young man was a nervous wreck and didn't smile once until he won. I, on the other hand, was relaxed and thoroughly drank in the whole experience.

I got to meet the head pastry chef of the school, the head baker for Panera, Tiffany from Bravo's Top Chef, and 2 Chicago news reporters.

My bread pudding turned out exactly as I wanted it to -- it looked and smelled delicious, so I didn't embarrass myself! icon_smile.gif

Last but not least, I walked away with a $100 Panera gift card, a professional chef's coat and commis hat, and lots of photos and wonderful memories.

It was a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 9:53pm
post #8 of 12

****CONGRATULATIONS!!!**** -- from an expatriated Chicagoan. icon_smile.gif

What a great weekend it's been! I hope some of your good mojo rubs off on your daughter!

I'm not a big bread pudding fan, but it sounds like yours might change my mind. icon_smile.gif

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 9:40am
post #9 of 12

Congratulations!! Well done and great things are going so well for you!!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 2:26pm
post #10 of 12

Congrats! I loved that you enjoyed the experience, that's what its all about, right? Oh and the boss has been dealt with. icon_biggrin.gif

Disclaimer: no bosses were harmed in the making of this post

JGMB Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 2:32pm
post #11 of 12

Vanna D -- thanks for my laugh for the day!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 6:30pm
post #12 of 12

That's AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your good news. It always makes me feel better, even if it isn't me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%