Bridal Expo?

Business By sweetsirten Updated 16 Sep 2011 , 2:49am by sweetsirten

sweetsirten Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsirten Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 2:16am
post #1 of 3

I am hoping someone can give me a little advice about Bridal Expos.

I am a brand new business, under the new Florida cottage food law, and I received a phone call today inviting me to a Bridal Show in Feb. at a very well known, upscale, resort in my area. It is rather expensive to participate.

My question is, is the exposure worth the time and cost? Do you guys get a lot of business from Bridal Expos? If so, what should I do to prepare for it? I know I will need to take dummy cakes and maybe samples, but, other than that, I have no idea what to expect.

Any opinions or advice is very appreciated!

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 3

I've done 100+ wedding shows. If you want to get into the bridal market, it's the thing you do.

However, if you think the shows are to meet brides, you're on the wrong track. You do shows to network with other wedding professionals. You introduce yourself to them, exchange business cards, compliment their booth and give them a sample.

Any brides you get are a bonus.

and yes, you could visit these professionals at their own location, but a wedding show is a "target rich" environment. And other pros respect that you paid the fee to be there. (feeling their pain)

sweetsirten Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsirten Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:49am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the insight, Leah! I have searched around and found quite a few threads on the subject, and I've decided to go for it icon_smile.gif I feel like it will be a great way to get my name out there and get my business on the right track.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%