Funny Cake Recipe- Try It!

Baking By dream Updated 16 Sep 2011 , 12:26pm by dream

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 9

I wanted to share this recipe for a chocolate cake they call "Funny Cake". The cake is moist and does not require eggs nor butter. It is perfect for kids. I guess it is funny because it doesn't use a mixing bowl and you play with ingredients.

Here are the instructions:

http://tinyurl.com/3w9rnch

8 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 9

I would probably use this recipe when making cakes with my kids at home or in my classroom. icon_rolleyes.gif

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 9

Sounds like fun..thanks for sharing!

dream Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 9

I am curious to find out who all tried the recipe and who all liked it.

ccordes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccordes Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:11am
post #5 of 9

That's similar to a vegan cake recipe I made one year for my son's birthday party. One of the girls was allergic to eggs, so I wanted there to be something for her. I will say, it was one of the best chocolate cakes I've had. Everyone loved the chocolate vegan cupcakes!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:16am
post #6 of 9

this actually is a very old war time recipe. It was developed when butter eggs ect were rationed.
Someone has written the directions in a cute, kid fashion. It goes by several other names, the only one I can think of now is "Wacky Cake".

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:22am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

this actually is a very old war time recipe. It was developed when butter eggs ect were rationed.
Someone has written the directions in a cute, kid fashion. It goes by several other names, the only one I can think of now is "Wacky Cake".

I was just about to post the same thing!

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:26am
post #8 of 9

I got this basic recipe from my MIL years ago. She got it from her mother (she was 97 when she passed 4 years ago) and they call it Homestead Chocolate Cake so I imagine it goes back even further than the war rationing days.

dream Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:26pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for chiming in everyone! The newspaper did say it was old and that this one was adapted from a 4-H cookbook from 50 years ago! I liked it and was shocked how moist it was. Thanks for your input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%