Type Of Buttercream

Decorating By salokin Updated 15 Sep 2011 , 12:37am by sugarandstuff

salokin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salokin Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 8

What type of buttercream do you like best?

Mine would have to be italian meringue buttercream. Even though I've only made it a few times, its by far my favorite. I love the texture and the flavor. Its not as fast as a simple buttercream, but its well worth the time spent making it.

7 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 8

Really? I actually think making IMBC is faster. I don't have to beat the fat before adding in the sugar, and I don't have to take breaks adding sugar because of a powdered sugar cloud overtaking my kitchen. I love making IMBC for the simple fact that I don't have to use powdered sugar!

If I had to pick, it would either be IMBC, Whipped Cream Buttercream (from the most saved recipes section) or a crusting recipe a CC member gave me on here a long time ago.

I change buttercream like I change underwear, but it's all good because all my cakes are freebies and everything is (for the most part) at my discretion.

Annie

salokin Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 8

Have you ever tried replacing some of the butter with cream cheese? Or would that work at all

salokin Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 8

Have you ever tried replacing some of the butter with cream cheese? Or would that work at all

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 8

I prefer Shaon Zambito's BC!

Hi ratio all the way!!

Here is a cake I did with this BC...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2154470

Michael

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by salokin

No, it won't work - check out my recipe for cream cheese SMBC posted on this site.

Jen

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 12:21am
post #7 of 8

I have done it successfully with my IMBC recipe. Honestly I didn't measure anything and I did use it as a filling. I remember it being loose. I just whipped a brick of cream cheese and then added it to the IMBC to taste.

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 12:37am
post #8 of 8

I feel like I have tried them all and can never find anything that turns out the same the next time. I have invested in videos etc I actually really feel like I am struggling with my lack of bc skills and pray my customers choose fondant! I actually háve a simple three tier cherry blossom one due this weekend and it is making me so nervous I am going to have a hard time getting it smooth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%