Will This Presentation Look Okay?

Decorating By MerlotCook Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 10:18pm by Coral3

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 9

I am doing a 14", 10" and 6" cake in which the tiers are not centered, but closer to the back. I need more servings than this, so off to the side of the main cake I will have a 10" and 6" decorated the same. I have never done 2 cakes like this before- is there another route I should be taking or will this look fine? Thanks for any ideas!

8 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 9

If it's a wedding cake, what does the bride think? Does she like this type of setup?

MerlotCook Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 9

She showed me a picture of a 3 tier cake, and I told her I thought I could do it 4 tiers and get the right number of servings. After looking at my pans I realize this is impossible. This is the only possible solution I think. The bride is pretty indecisive about everything and her wedding is Saturday.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 9

I think it will look fine, but it's not my opinion that counts... if she's okay with it, then there's no problem to solve.

If she's not okay with it, here's another possible option... I assume the serving goal is 166 (not including the 6" top anniversary tier).
You could still do a three tier--16" x 12" that serves 156 (not including an 8" top anniversary tier).
I don't know what the impossibility is about your pans... perhaps you don't own a 16" round??? Good luck with this bride.

MerlotCook Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 9

I'm doing it as a gift- she's the daughter of my best friend and I really want her to have an awesome cake. She'll be fine with what I decide to do, I just wanted to know if this set up would look okay. I'd thought of the 16", but not only do I not own one, they just seem well not so dainty LOL. I appreciate your help!

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 9

You could always just keep the other cake in the kitchen and serve it when with the rest of the wedding cake.

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 9
heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:41pm
post #8 of 9

That's very pretty!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 10:18pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristanashley

You could always just keep the other cake in the kitchen and serve it when with the rest of the wedding cake.

I think that's what I'd do. Make the extra as kitchen cakes. No need to stack them. Cover them in the most basic of decorations to match the real cake (ie use the same colour fondant and the same border, unless the border is complicated)...then nobody need know if they got a piece of the 'real' cake or a kitchen cake (keep them out the back and they won't even realise there were kitchen cakes). That way you can focus on making the main cake gorgeous, without having a second cake detracting from it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%