The Painted Cake...finally.

Decorating By Colorful-Bliss Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 9:24pm by Colorful-Bliss

Colorful-Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:35am
post #1 of 14

I've ben trying to upload the rest of my photos for this cake and I was finally able to! I would like feedback...what would you have done different? I love graffitti art so I was inspired by that, plus my brother is a tattoo artist! Thanks in advance!

13 replies
Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:47am
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Bliss

I've ben trying to upload the rest of my photos for this cake and I was finally able to! I would like feedback...what would you have done different? I love graffitti art so I was inspired by that, plus my brother is a tattoo artist! Thanks in advance!

not sure about the round cake. You are really talented, your painting is awesome!!

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 11:51am
post #3 of 14

No one?

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 14

I'm a little confused...you say "this cake", but there's no cake to look at. Are we supposed to look at one in your gallery?

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 14

I think it's wonderful! And I'm going to be honest here, a lot of the cakes that get the most comments are usually "pretty" and "elegant" so please don't feel badly if you don't get a lot of feedback or comments.

You have a lot of talent, so keep creating!

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 14

I think s/he's referring to the one in her gallery entitled, "The Painted Cake." It's the one with the gumpaste panels.

And, to the artist:
I think this is a great technique and that you are a gifted artist.

However, is that a gun that you've painted? I may not be understanding your intent or your art, but I worry that your beautiful talent is glorifying violence. I'd want my brother to be around for many more birthdays....

emrldsky Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncr

I think she's referring to the one in her gallery entitled, "The Painted Cake." It's the one with the gumpaste panels.

And, to the artist:
I think this is a great technique and that you are a gifted artist.

However, is that a gun that you've painted? I may not be understanding your intent or your art, but I worry that your beautiful talent is glorifying violence. I'd want my brother to be around for many more birthdays....

I believe it's a tattoo gun, not a handgun. icon_smile.gif The OP mentioned her brother is a tattoo artist. I like the look of it all together!

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:42pm
post #8 of 14

Phew! Thanks for the clarification, emerald.

And to the OP--sorry! icon_redface.gif

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 14

Sorry for not adding the link. I'm not concerned at the number of comment. It was something I came up with and wanted feedback. Thanks to all the feedback I have received. My brother is 32 and yes he is a tattoo artist with his own shop. No that is not a gun, it is a tattoo gun. Here is the link sorry for that once again. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2152295

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:49pm
post #10 of 14

No problem dawncr....sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't pay attention to what I'm doing. I thought it could have looked like a gun also. No worries.

emrldsky Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:53pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Bliss

Sorry for not adding the link. I'm not concerned at the number of comment. It was something I came up with and wanted feedback. Thanks to all the feedback I have received. My brother is 32 and yes he is a tattoo artist with his own shop. No that is not a gun, it is a tattoo gun. Here is the link sorry for that once again. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2152295

I didn't mean to imply you were trying to increase your comments. I was just saying that if you don't get the amount of feedback you're anticipating, it's not because it isn't talented work. icon_smile.gif

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 4:06pm
post #12 of 14

@emrldsky....It's so easy to misread a comment. I understood what you were saying. They way I responded made it seem like I didn't. I meant to say I'm not too concerned at the number of comments on my picture and even if it was just one comment on this link it would be great. I know that it is so easy to pass by a fantastic cake sometimes or even a post so no biggie if there are not a lot of number of replies. Thank you for taking your time and posting your comments as well as mentioning the tattoo gun! : )

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 4:27pm
post #13 of 14

I really liked it! I think it's a super neat idea especially because of the graffiti, tattoo feel you were going for. If I had done this I would have probably have airbrushed the colores and then came back and added the lines and details. Having said that I love your work, great job!

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:24pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks guys! I think I'll do another cake like this with a different theme and different style panels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%