Buttercream

Baking By blondmary Updated 4 Oct 2011 , 4:44am by Sorelle

blondmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondmary Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 8

I am sure this has been asked before, but it is so hard to find the information needed it when you are on a rush!!!. Sorry if this bothers somebody.
I need the perfect butter cream icing recipe. The kind that looks amazing on pictures, fluffy (and that stays that way), delicious, and perfect to make the most gorgeous swirls.
Does anyone have one??? It will be very much appreciated!!!!
Thank you 

7 replies
Periperi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Periperi Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 8

I use Indydebi's recipe. The only thing I change is I add a couple pinches of salt to balance the sweetness. It's the most amazing bc recipe I've ever used.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

ljchevygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljchevygirl Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 8

I used Indydebi's recipe as well. I love it, but I also had a small issue with it on a wedding cake, BUT I realized what happened to why I had the issue. My instructor from Michaels told me to try Sugar Shack's recipe and I did, it was wonderful as well. I think I will stick with Indydebi's because I am more comfortable with it but Sugar Shack's is great as well.

SweetDreamsCupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsCupcakery Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 3:24am
post #4 of 8

I personally find SMBC is one of the best to achieve a light fluffy gorgeous frosting..although time consuming to make ..its not too sweet and holds up well!

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:15am
post #5 of 8

I use IndyDebi's BC and love it!! It holds up very well. However, I use 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening--the taste is phenomenal! I just made it two weekends ago with the high ratio shortening and that made it even better--if that is possible. Her recipe is great--you can "play" around with it and it holds up and tastes great--I have used it as a base for champage frosting, cream cheese, caramel, chocolate, etc. IndyDebi's is the best frosting I have found for decorating! A few more of my personal favorites are Toba Garrett's French Vanilla BC (IMO similar to a SMBC--not too sweet, very light and yummy) and her chocolate BC (probably the richest chocolate BC I have ever tasted). You can do swirls and borders with both frostings but they are non-crusting so I do not do too much other decorating with them. Those three are pretty much the only frostings I use since they all are so versatile.

HTH

Sheryl

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:30am
post #6 of 8

I fourth IndyDebi's recipe!

I haven't tried Sugar Shacks because I've not come across Hi-ratio shortening but it looks like it would be very similar, too!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:43am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDreamsCupcakery

I personally find SMBC is one of the best to achieve a light fluffy gorgeous frosting..although time consuming to make ..its not too sweet and holds up well!

Yep, super fluffy and the tastiest!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:44am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDreamsCupcakery

Yep, super fluffy and the tastiest! The texture is velvet nothing as creamy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%