Any Ideas For Making Cupcake Dummies?

Baking By ragdollyanna77 Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 4:50pm by AngelFood4

ragdollyanna77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ragdollyanna77 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 8:39am
post #1 of 9

Im trying to build up my portfolio and have lots of ideas but dont want to keep cooking cupcakes all the time!!!

I know you can buy cupcake dummies but has anyone any ideas on how to make your own reusable ones. I have a wedding fayre in a few months so i could do with some for then also.

Thanks!

8 replies
khadijah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khadijah Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 9:10am
post #2 of 9

I'm guessing you could chop off the pointy end on a polystyrene cone and stick a sector of a polystyrene ball on the other end. And then glue it to the bottom of a cupcake liner.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:13pm
post #3 of 9

You can buy cans of expanding foam in the DIY shops, the sort you put inside walls I think. Squirt some into a cupcake liner (while it's in the tin) and it will expand. You can cut/shave/sand the top into a smooth shape to cover it.

Dayti Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 9

Or use rice krispie treats if its easier...just fill your liners up with the stuff.

ragdollyanna77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ragdollyanna77 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 9

both great ideas, thanks, ill try them both i think.!!

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 9

the expandable foam. I got the idea off another post a few days ago and I have a can currently sitting on my draw. The thing is are these for one time use only or can I change the liner? Would it be able to just peel away?

Dayti Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 9

I never tried taking them off since I pretty much always use white liners. But I think they would stick, yes...you should try one to see, maybe it also depends on the kind of liners? Or put them in white ones, and then place inside different ones, some people like the look of that. Or clingfilm inside the liner first (could be tricky!) so it would be easy to pull the lump out?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 9

If you're interested in searching through the neverending cupcake thread, there's a tutorial on making cupcake dummies within the first 100 pages.

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:50pm
post #9 of 9

Dallas Foam sells cupcake dummies. A friend uses them to showcase her cupcake designs with.

Blocked...PM me for the name is you're interested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%