Made My Day

Business By luckylibra Updated 18 Sep 2011 , 7:37pm by Kathy99

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:16am
post #1 of 7

Good evening cake buddies! I just wanted to share something positive.. in the midst of getting my full time job's budget ready for hearings and realizing I am going to have to lay people off I was pretty down today... then I get this call ... The client had me do a cake for her husband (who I also know and have made cakes for their son before) for a surprise for his 40th bday. She is 8 1/2 months pregnant and over it so she was really difficult to get any info from.. what colors, theme etc.. anyway.... her husband called today (the party was last Friday) and said he loved the cake and I have turned him into a "cake snob"....he cannot stand store cakes anymore and said he can tell immediately if the cake is mine or not.. so sweet!!!! made me feel better so I thought I would share..

Hope everyone has a great week!

6 replies
QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:22am
post #2 of 7

Great story! I hope you ahve a better week.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:27am
post #3 of 7

Oh that's awesome, there's nothing better than getting a phone call like that!

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 7

Your cakes must be really YUMMY!! Congratulations!!

cakecoachonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecoachonline Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:57am
post #5 of 7

Just remember how great a lovely phone call could made you feel - and if at anytime in the future any negative feedback is given - make sure you recall this situation. Also if the gentleman was delighted - how about asking him for a written testimonial for your portfolio? Good for putting on a facebook page or website and great for a folder against a photo of the cake to show potential new clients. People love to know that other people were delighted too - and makes their buying decision easier!

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 11:59am
post #6 of 7

[quote="cakecoachonline"]how about asking him for a written testimonial for your portfolio? Good for putting on a facebook page or website and great for a folder against a photo of the cake quote]

This will also help keep your spirits up if you have a less than perfect cake turn out or if you get into a slump.

Good luck with things at your full time job!!

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 7

hi luckylibra

thanks for sharing your story!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%