Do You Offer Tastings For Charity Events???

Business By brenda549 Updated 15 Sep 2011 , 3:32pm by johnson6ofus

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:15pm
post #31 of 37

I'd also suggest sending them am invoice letting them know exactly how much their cake would cost them if they were paying for it and then write "donation" on it. I have a feeling they don't have a clue what kind of deal they are getting.

Cakewishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakewishes Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:57pm
post #32 of 37

excellent idea! just say it's for tax purpose documentation, which actually is the truth.

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 7:45pm
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

I'd also suggest sending them am invoice letting them know exactly how much their cake would cost them if they were paying for it and then write "donation" on it. I have a feeling they don't have a clue what kind of deal they are getting.

Actually, after reading all the responses yesterday, I decided to create a donation document, similar to my wedding contract. It lists all their information, the exact wording of their request, and a full detailed description of what my donation will be, number of servings, serving sizes, color, theme, and the retail value limit of the cake. This way if I get to this consultation and they want something outrageous, I can let them know right off hand that it is beyond the donation limit for their charity. It also includes many items from my contract about their responsibilities on handling the cake, allergies, liabilities, etc.

This is a charity that I would like to support, and I am more than happy to provide them with a beautiful, delicious cake. But I must limit how out of the way I will go to go out of my way for them.

Thanks everyone!

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 7:45pm
post #34 of 37

Sorry, duplicate post! Computer acting wonky!

Cakewishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakewishes Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 12:53pm
post #35 of 37

Brenda - excellent decision. Let us know how it turns out with the committee.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:05pm
post #36 of 37

I think the document was a great idea!

Again, I think you need to tell them that since the details are clearly spelled out in the document that there is no need for a consultation. I personally wouldn't be already spending my time and money to create them a FREE cake and then spend even more of my time on a consultation.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 3:32pm
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

I think the document was a great idea!

Again, I think you need to tell them that since the details are clearly spelled out in the document that there is no need for a consultation. I personally wouldn't be already spending my time and money to create them a FREE cake and then spend even more of my time on a consultation.

Great idea! Maybe her contract could also say, "No design consultation is included, however if you desire one, it will reduce your retail dollar limit by $35, or 10 servings, whichever is greater."

Just a thought....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%