1500 Cupcakes

Baking By Jasongiddings Updated 12 Sep 2011 , 4:21pm by Jasongiddings

Jasongiddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasongiddings Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 11

just finished 1500 cupcakes that were spread for a client over four days they were used as a marketing tool for the client who was displaying at this years autumn fair at the nec.
Feedback so far has been amazing ,when the profesional photo's come back i will post some pics. my arms are like popeyes at the mo from manualy piping the buttercream.

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 11

Ha!Ha! Good for you..Lots of orders in the future...

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 11

Wow. That's all I can think of to say. Just wow. thumbs_up.gif That breaks down to 375 a day. Still thinking wow icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif.

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 11

That's an awesome feat!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 1:20am
post #5 of 11

Here's hoping that is 1500 x a lot of $$.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 1:33am
post #6 of 11

let us know how many days you will sleep to recuperate! Good on you!

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 1:37am
post #7 of 11

jasongiddings: I have to echo what the others have said. WOW!, WOW!, WOW!! and I am sure that all of the rest of them will agree with this. I certainly hope that you made a bundle on this deal and that you will continue to get lots of orders in from it. I can imagine your muscles are pretty sore. Go get yourself a nice massage when you get paid from this job. I am sure that you have deserved one.

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 2:53am
post #8 of 11

+1 to all the WOWs! Did you have any help!?? I remember last year I got an order for 500 cupcakes for a Canada Day parade and literally cried when it was all done. I can't imagine doing triple that! What great exposure though, it will all be worth it when everybody is talking about your cupcakes icon_biggrin.gif Great Job!!!

Jasongiddings Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 3:52pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuswapcakes

+1 to all the WOWs! Did you have any help!?? I remember last year I got an order for 500 cupcakes for a Canada Day parade and literally cried when it was all done. I can't imagine doing triple that! What great exposure though, it will all be worth it when everybody is talking about your cupcakes icon_biggrin.gif Great Job!!!

Hi I had the help of my wife who is three months pregnant but she is also very methodical and she soon had a system in place , we had to weigh the cake batter into each case as they all had to be the same size it took the two of us 3.5 to 4 hrs to cook up a batch of 375 from scratch and to buttercream and box, my poor kenwood took a beating on this occasion.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 4:10pm
post #10 of 11

Do you give some kind of discount or special deal when they order so many? I was asked for a "deal" and told them no because the amount of work was insane, but now wondering if I should have.

Jasongiddings Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 4:21pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorelle

Do you give some kind of discount or special deal when they order so many? I was asked for a "deal" and told them no because the amount of work was insane, but now wondering if I should have.

Yes we had to give quite a substantial discount on this order as it was so large the customer had a lot of bargaining power but hopefully it will pay off in the long term by gaining orders on the back of this one plus its great exposure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%