Does Anyone Have A Good Recipe For Apple Cupcakes?

Baking By mommie917 Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 12:41am by jules5000

mommie917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommie917 Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 12:30am
post #1 of 10

Hi, I'm looking for a really good apple cupcake recipe, or even a caramel apple cupcake. Does anyone have a recipe you would be willing to share? Thank you so much in advance for any help icon_smile.gif

9 replies
Irish_Sue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish_Sue Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 3:05am
post #2 of 10

I've made a cinnamon and apple cupcake from one of my cupcake books, basically cinnamon cup cake with sliced apples baked on top - they go down really well but would be no good for decorating if that was what you wanted them for.

Laurelj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurelj Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 3:29am
post #3 of 10

Google Martha Stewart applesauce spice cupcake. Its a great recipe my one modification is i make homemade applesauce that I add red hots to also mine applesauce is sweetened. Then I frost with a caramel smbc. DELICIOUS!

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 10

I make a really good caramel apple cupcake that starts with a basic yellow cupcake, but has a fresh cinnamon apple filling and a caramel buttercream. I get raves every time I make it!

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 10

I use wasc base with apple sauce and cinnamon and fill it with caramel and top wtih a caramal bc

mommie917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommie917 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:24am
post #6 of 10

Thanks for all of your help!

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 10

Crazyforcupcakes

Care to share your recipe for caramel apple cupcake ? They sound wonderful !

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 10

For the cake, use any yellow recipe or yellow cake mix that you like, and core it out using whatever method you prefer. Here is the recipe for the filling and frosting:

2-3 apples, peeled and diced, depending on how many cupcakes you are filling
1/4 cup butter
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar (I used 1/3)
1-2 tsp. cinnamon or apple pie spice
1-4 T. water
1-2 tsp. corn starch to thicken if needed

Combine all ingredients except cornstarch in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until mixture is thick. Add cornstarch (if needed to thicken) and whisk well. Cool.

For the caramel buttercream, I just made buttercream with equal parts butter and Crisco, added a little vanilla and some caramel ice cream topping. Then I added powdered sugar until it was the right consistency. You can always add more caramel, then more sugar until you get the taste the way you want it.

Enjoy!

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:09am
post #9 of 10

I made some last night. Yum!

I used this recipe to start with:
http://www.oprah.com/food/Sprinkles-Cupcakes-Strawberry-Cupcakes-Recipe

I omitted the strawberries and used applesauce instead-1/3 cup (along with some grated apple). Next time I'll omit all of most of the applesauce and just use grated apple.

I added a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.

I used 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup of brown sugar instead of 1 cup of sugar.

I also used dulce de leche (it was thick) as my filling.

For the frosting I used this vanilla cream cheese frosting:
4 TBSP unsalted butter
6 oz cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla

mix butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix on med/high for a couple minutes.

*This is from Georgetown Cupcake* You could also mix in a bit of dulce de leche into the frosting (about 1/4 cup or slightly less).

I then drizzled dulce de leche on top.

You could use caramel as well, but I love the consistency of the dulce de leche I found at the store.

YUM!

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:41am
post #10 of 10

I have recently re-discovered a family favorite in the cookbook that my mom and dad made us one year. I made it just like it is. But if you do not like Walnuts you could add pecans or leave the nuts out entirely. I do not think it would be as good that way, but that is my personal opinion. I think that with the caramel glaze that goes with it that it tastes just a little like a caramel apple, but even if you don't here it is to enjoy. The first time I made it I was making a set of flipflops and so put fondant over it(homemade), but what I want to say here is that I added a little of the caramel glaze between layers surrounded of course by a buttercream dam. I used a little of the caramel sauce to my buttercream and there was my caramel buttercream. It was delish. So here are both recipes:

Fresh Apple Cake
Nancy Stewart-Glenwood Springs

1C. Vegetable Oil
3C. Flour
1C. Chopped Nuts(Walnuts)
2t. Vanilla
3C. Chopped, Peeled Apples
2 C. Sugar-2T.
2 Eggs
1 t. Soda
½ t. Salt

Combine oil and sugar. Add well-beaten eggs and vanilla. Measure and sift together flour, salt and soda. Add dry ingredients to first mixture. Stir in chopped fresh apples and nuts and combine thoroughly. Pour into tube or a 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 300degrees until done.*

Caramel Glaze for Fresh Apple cake:
1 C. Light Brown Sugar
½ C. Butter
1 t. Vanilla
¼ C. Evaporated Milk

Place butter and sugar in double boiler and allow to melt; blend well, add evaporated milk(or could use cream) and bring to a full boil. Cool and add vanilla. Spread evenly over cake.

*The first time I made this I do not remember if I baked it at 300. I dont think I did. I made a 9 x 13 and it took about an hour and a half and I believe I baked it at 325. The second time I made it I made it into cupcakes and I started out at 300 and it was taking forever so I bumped it up to 325 and finished them. I think that they still took close to an hour to bake and these were your standard size cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%