A Non-Spreading Gingerbread Cookie Recipe

Baking By ttornow Updated 31 Oct 2011 , 7:18am by Tails

ttornow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttornow Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 7

Hello! this is my first time on the forum and I know I am asking in the right spot! I am looking for a gingerbread/spice cookie recipe that doesn't spread to do cookies for decorating and maybe bouquets. Thanks for any and all tips! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 7

If you don't have an aversion to using a mix, Betty Crocker has a mix for Gingerbread/Gingerbread cookies that I think is super good. I use it every Christmas for my Gingerbread cut-outs.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 2:13am
post #3 of 7

Martha Stewart's gingerbread cookie recpe is great. It is what I use for Christmas cookies every year.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:55am
post #4 of 7

Just add extra flour for a stiffer dough or you can add a little extra flour and reduce the leavening agent for a softer cookie that doesn't puff up.

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 8:58am
post #5 of 7

This is truly my best ever Gingerbread Recipe!! It holds its shape well, and doesnt taste like a ginger biscuit (like that burny ginger taste) and its soft when you eat it

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Gingerbread-Men/Detail.aspx?src=mer692

Try it!! You WONT be sorry!

My pic (though not the best decorating haha!) which you can see how well it holds its shape, the edges are still crisp and sharp: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2190524

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 7

I'm definitely going to have to give that recipe a try, Tails! It sounds not only yummy, but easy!

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 7:18am
post #7 of 7

Woot! And hells yea, I'm all about easy recipes icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%