Too Much Sun!

Decorating By Abacoboy21 Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 7:07pm by Abacoboy21

Abacoboy21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abacoboy21 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 6

Good day everyone! I'm live in the Bahamas and I've been into cake decorating for a while now. However in the Bahamas is extremely hotttttt! Unfortunately heat and icing are not very good friends! I'm trying to find a stable buttercream that would not run off the cake when its too hot, has good flavor and is not too girtty. I read alot about emulsified/sweetex shortening but in the Bahamas NO ONE on none of the islands carries this emulisifed shortening, Just Crisco, bakerite and a few others. Can I get some recipe help here PLEASEEEEE!

5 replies
kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 6

I would suggest trying Indydebbie's recipe. It holds up great the the heat and tastes great. I sometimes exchange a little of the milk for some flavoured coffee cream and it is absolutely devine!

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 6

Have you tried Indydebi's Crisco based buttercream? I've used it a couple times, but then I tried ganache awhile back and haven't really used much buttercream since then. I liked it when I used it and I know a lot of people on here really like it. Although I didn't use it during hot weather, they say it holds up very well.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie-d

I would suggest trying Indydebbie's recipe. It holds up great the the heat and tastes great. I sometimes exchange a little of the milk for some flavoured coffee cream and it is absolutely devine!

haha kathie-d you beat me to it icon_lol.gif

Well there you go, two votes for Indydebi's recipe thumbs_up.gif

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

Yep, Indydebi's for sure. I used it in 100+ degree Texas heat. No problem.

Vonda

Abacoboy21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abacoboy21 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 7:07pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all! I'm in the kitchen trying out that recipe right now! Hope it works! icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%