When Making Gelatin Bows...

Decorating By Kimzie Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 12:04pm by Kimzie

Kimzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimzie Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 10:06am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me, when making the gelatin bows, can I use any impression mat? Or does it have to be the one specifically for making gelatin bows/molds? I've tried looking on CC for this same question, and haven't found it or an answer to it.

Thanks!
Kimzie

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 12:10am
post #2 of 3

Well, to be perfectly honest, I have no idea, but my solution to this kind of problem - time allowing - is to experiment. Paint an impression mat with your 2-to-1 water to gelatin mixture, let it dry and see if if lifts up off the mat in one piece like it would on those acetate sheets that are used for making the gelating sheets for bows. If it does, you're home free. If it doesn't, it's back to the drawing board! The acetate sheets have a texture to them, but it's much less raised than the design on an impression mat, so you'd have to try it out to see what happens. I find I'm usually pleasantly surprised at how nicely gelatin leaves, petals, butterfiles and bows come out and how resistant they are. I just might work! Hope so!

Kimzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimzie Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I will give it a go and see what happens,lol. I will be sure to let you know icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%