Cheesecake Filling?

Baking By Misdawn Updated 23 Sep 2011 , 4:46pm by sweettreat101

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 12:31am
post #1 of 9

Does anybody have a recipe for a good cheesecake flavor filling? My customer specifically requested I not use the Philly cheesecake filling.

8 replies
Aeolytheis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeolytheis Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 12:53am
post #2 of 9

In the gourmet flavors thread, macsmom posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

It's a mock-cheesecake filling, actually:

16 oz cream cheese, softened
4 c Frostin Pride or Bettercreme
2 pkgs cheesecake pudding mix

Beat cream cheese 'til smooth cream cheese. Blend the dry pudding mixes into the whipped Bettercreme; blend into the cream cheese.

Or is that the one that your client requested not to have? Not su if you are referring to Philly as a brand or as cream cheese in general?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 1:36am
post #3 of 9

I know your client meant not to use the already prepared tub of philly cheesecake . You need to make it from scratch. many say this cheesecake recipe for filling is delicious. I have printed it for me, but have not made it yet. I am anxious to make it. i love creamcheese , cheesecake, etc. anyway. hth

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/18464/red-velvet-cheesecake-cake-2

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 3:24am
post #4 of 9

I am reffering to the tub of Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling in the big tub. This is what the customer doesn't want. What is Bettercreme and Frostin Prdie? I've heard of these but I've never seen them before.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 6:12am
post #5 of 9

Bettercream and Frostin Pride are artificial. The other recipe is for a cooked cheesecake. I have a scratch no-bake cheesecake filling with all real ingredients. If you would like it, pm me and I will look it up.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 9

I make a small cheesecake 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and bake at 325 for 35 minutes turn off oven and leave in for another 15 minutes. Chill for two hours. In a medium sized bowl add two cups whipping cream and one small box instant cheesecake flavored pudding. Whip until peaks start to form. Measure out one cup of your chilled cheesecake and whip with a hand mixer to make sure it's smooth. Fold into whipped cream pudding mixture. I used this for a wedding cake in March and it was a hit.

sweettreat101 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 9

I make a small cheesecake 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and bake at 325 for 35 minutes turn off oven and leave in for another 15 minutes. Chill for two hours. In a medium sized bowl add two cups whipping cream and one small box instant cheesecake flavored pudding. Whip until peaks start to form. Measure out one cup of your chilled cheesecake and whip with a hand mixer to make sure it's smooth. Fold into whipped cream pudding mixture. I used this for a wedding cake in March and it was a hit.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 4:28pm
post #8 of 9

Since you have to refrigerate the cake anyway you should be able to sub heavy whipping cream for Bettercreme. People use Bettercream so you don't have to refrigerate the cake but the cream cheese requires refrigeration in almost all cases.

sweettreat101 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 9

I have never had any problems when using whipping cream in my fillings. On average most cakes sit for four to five hours. I just tell them that the cake needs to be served or refrigerated by this time. I actually had a friend leave a batch of cupcakes out on the counter for 24 hours with the vanilla mousse inside and ate them that evening and she said they were fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%