Amond -Rum Cake Recipe - Help

Baking By Susita12 Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 9:04pm by Susita12

Susita12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susita12 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, everybody,

I'm a newbie at this site, but I know there are a lot of great bakers out there... I need your help.

I have a client who wants me to make a vanilla cake - with an almond-rum flavor. She tasted it at a wedding and wants me to make it on her cake. She doesn't want a heavy rum flavor. if anybody knows of this flavor combination and want to share the recipe I would be very grateful. I have until September 20th to make this mystery cake - LOL!

DJ icon_smile.gif

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 2:21am
post #2 of 4

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

Just use some rum for the liquid in this recipe (I would use about 1/2 cup rum and the rest water so as not to overpower it)
OR add 1/2 teaspoon rum extract to it (or to taste; just remember when you bake it will get a bit less in flavor).
You can't go wrong ........ it's a really wonderful recipe! icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 3:28am
post #3 of 4

I make cakes with alcohol most of the time. I would suggest making an almond cake from scratch. You can bake the rum in the cake, but it doesn't give as much flavor as brushing it on after baking. An extract in the cake or rum that has been reduced will give more flavor if you must bake it in the cake. You can brush it by itself or add it to a glaze after the cake is baked. If you add it while it is warm, it will sink in more.

My personal preference for rum in dessert is Myers Dark. It smells like dessert.

Susita12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susita12 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both for responding. I will follow your recommendations for a future cake. I didn't see your posts until now, but the cake I made turned out great. I brushed the cake with a rum-infused simple syrup and it turned out really good!

Many thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%