Chocolate-Covered Oreos

Baking By staceyboots Updated 29 Sep 2011 , 11:29am by scoobydid

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 4

Hi

I am having some trouble with my chocolate-covered Oreo cookies. Aren't they supposed to set pretty hard so that you can package them? Somehow, mine always end up soft to the touch. They set pretty firmly in the fridge but when I take them out of the fridge (after about 30 minutes) they get soft (condensation of course).

Do you leave them out on the counter overnight? Should I leave them in an A/C room for a few hours? How can I beat this? How long do yours take to set?

Stacey

3 replies
goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 4

How hot is your house? You have to remember that chocolate melts from just the heat from your hands.

When I deliver chocolate oreos or cakepops I have to have the air high in the car during the summer or they will get very soft and fast.

If your house has A/C they should be fine on the counter. I only put mine in the fridge for about 10 minutes just to get them to start setting then let them setup for another 10 min on the counter. That way you don't get condenstion on them..

Hope this helps

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 4

Hi

I live in the Caribbean so it can get pretty hot.

When you cookies are set, do they get pretty hard or are they still soft to the touch?

scoobydid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobydid Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 11:29am
post #4 of 4

How far in advance do you make your chocolate-covered oreos?

As for the softening of the chocolate, could tempering the chocolate make a difference in whether or not your chocolate hardens?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%