Recipe Woes

Baking By brenda549 Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 9:44am by scp1127

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, I am trying to get my favorite cake recipes to be more moist when baked as cupcakes. They have a tendency to dry out quickly as cuppies. I have tried using sour cream or extra buttermilk in the recipes. I have tried cooking at lower temps for a little longer and at a higher temp for a shorter amount of time.

Now I have a new problem. The cuppies are coming out with the density of really dense, moist bread pudding. I have tried adjusting all of the above again.

Any ideas from the CC family???

2 replies
bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 5:49am
post #2 of 3

When I was trying to moisten up my favorite recipe I found the trick was a little oil. To my normal batter which yielded 8 cups I add 6 tbsp vanilla pudding mix and 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Good luck and keep your head up, it'll eventually be just perfect, just keep expirementing. icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 9:44am
post #3 of 3

If your cake recipe is good, it sounds like it may just be overbaked. And be sure to check out your oven temp with an independent thermometer. Cupcakes are less forgiving than cakes when it comes to the temperature being off calibration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%