Alice In Wonderland Themed Cake Or Music Themed Cake. Help!!

Decorating By GalwayGirl Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 7:50pm by LenaMay

GalwayGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GalwayGirl Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 10

Hi guys! My name is Galway Girl and Im from Galway in the west of Ireland(as my name suggests) I'm a newbie on here and I really need some help.

Its my friends' 15 birthday Party on Saturday and Im making her cake as a birthday present. But Im really stuck for ideas. She is really into music and likes guitars, but all the cakes I saw of guitars were huge and this cake is for about 10 people at the most.

She also loves Alice in Wonderland, does anyone have any easy ideas for that?

Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 10

Hi & Welcome to the site! icon_biggrin.gif

Are you young? I was just wondering because you said it was friends 15th bday. so are you going for an easy to do one tier cake?

The alice in wonderland cake would be cool! Tons of things you can do for that, have you done a search on this site for alice in wonderland?
Heres a link to a search for alice in wonderland cakes on this website,

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=alice in wonderland

Have a look and see what you fancy doing, you could use just one alice in wonderland element, like the chesher cat or the mad hatter, people on here make tiered alice in wonderland cakes, but if you see a particular tier you like from one of them, have a go at that!

For example you could make just the chesher cat tier from this cake,
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1828046

Or just his face like one I did,
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2024109

Hope this helps, good luck and if you have problems, post on the forum, someone is always here to help! icon_smile.gif

staceylilycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceylilycakes Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 10

My kids are really into music. I did a full size guitar for my sons 15th birthday. It was tough. I just made a music themed cake for my daughters 6th birthday. It was more girly and had music notes on it. I made a few minature guitars too. They are both in my photos.

Good luck!!

GalwayGirl Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 10

Hi, thank you both for your ideas!

Im 14 and Ive been making cakes since I was 9. (me and my mum made my 9th birthday cake, and that summer I entered my 1st competition and won! Believe it or not I actually mde the cake myself, it was a desert island themed cake)

The ideas are great, now I dont know which to choose from!
Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 10

wow GalwayGirl! You're obviously born to be a baker! icon_biggrin.gif

GalwayGirl Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 10

I've decided on what I'm going to do. I've come up with my own Alice in Wonderland design.
It's going to be a genral theme with different aspecsts from it on the cake. For example, around the side on the cake, I'm going to prop up playing onto the cake with little red icing hearts above.

And to go with the cake, I'm making little cupcakes with Eat Me iced on them.

JamAndButtercream Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 7:01pm
post #7 of 10

Hi GalwayGirl!

Nice idea with the cake and cupcakes! did you say you were going to stick playing cards around the cake?
Are they going to be edible cards, I made mine by using rice paper, cutting it into the size of cards, and painting them with liquid food colouring.

Good luck! and upload a pic! thumbs_up.gif

GalwayGirl Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 2:08pm
post #8 of 10

Hi JamandButtercream, unfortunatley I dont have time to make the cards so I'm just using some mini ones you get in christams crackers, but your idea is really good,I'll have to keep it in mind!

JamAndButtercream Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 10

Hi GalwayGirl,
I'll keep an eye out for when you upload your cake! I bet it will be great! icon_biggrin.gif

LenaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LenaMay Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 10

I cant wait to see the end result

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%