How Many Cupcakes Do You Bake At A Time (Home Oven)?

Baking By Osgirl Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 12:26am by CupcakeQT82

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 8

I'm just wondering how many cupcakes you bake at a time in your standard home oven? I've only done 12 at a time because I worry about putting too many in at a time and not turning out.

Anyone put more than 12 in?

If so, how many and all on one rack? Both racks?

TIA.

7 replies
AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 8

I now have a three-level oven and when I tried to make 6 doz at a time, the bottom rack burned. Now I do 4 doz at a time- 2 on each shelf (top and middle) and they're fine, but I do switch the pans to the opposite racks in the middle of cook time.

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 8

I agree with AKS, though I have never tried the bottm rack...glad to know my instints were serving me well!

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 3:53am
post #4 of 8

I prefer to do 1 dozen at a time, they seem to turn out best. But I can do 2 dozen at a time, side by side in the middle of the oven. I don't use the bottom rack. I put the 2 pans in and a little over halfway through rotate the pans so the backs are at the front and the edges that were on the outside are now in the middle. It works okay, but if I rotate them too early they tend to collapse a little.

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 8:14am
post #5 of 8

I do 4 doz at a time. On the top rack and the middle rack. I don't have much problems. occasionally a few would burn, but I watch them very carefully. I shorten the time, and then add time as needed.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 8

I do 2 dozens at a time... But will definitely try 4. I actually thought using the top rack was a strict no... Thanks for the info everyone thumbs_up.gif

cakesmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmart Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 8

4 dozen at a time...two pans on the middle and top rack. The bottom rack will definitely burn!

CupcakeQT82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeQT82 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 12:26am
post #8 of 8

2 dozen at a time only but I have a teeny weeny oven - will be sizing up once our basement is finished being remodeled!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%