Help!!!!! Need Help With Sizes Of Cakes For A Magic Cake!

Decorating By rooch Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 12:27pm by bakerliz

rooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rooch Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 8

hi all. Want to make my daughter a similar cake as shown on CC. It is a magic themed cake. My daughter wants a magic briefcase with a box on top and then a magic hat on top of the box. I pm'd the artist of that cake but havent heard back. icon_sad.gif I was planning on using a Wilton 11x15x2 rectangle for the base briefcase figuring a full sheet was too big for a party of 15 girls. I am having trouble figuring out the size of the square that would go on top at an angle. Does a 10 " square sound right? Thanks for your help! I don't know why I always have trouble picturing and estimating sizes!

7 replies
bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 8

Can you link to the picture of the cake that you liked?

rooch Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 3:28am
post #3 of 8

How do I do that?

bakerliz Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 8

Find the cake you like and copy the web address from the address bar at the top of the screen. Then come back to this thread and click "Post a Reply". In the reply box, Right click and select paste.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2143120/

The link should appear like the one above

rooch Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 8
bakerliz Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 12:59pm
post #6 of 8

I think a 10in square would work, but I think a 9 inch square would fit a little better. If it were me, I would go with the 9 inch unless you already had a 10in square pan, I don't think it's a big enough difference to invest in another pan icon_smile.gif

rooch Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks! I think u r right. Do u think the cake would be weird if i just did the briefcase with the pillow on top and then hat instead of the box? Would u use a 9" for the pillow too or 10" because of the trimming that needs to be done? Thanks!

bakerliz Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:27pm
post #8 of 8

Sorry, I didn't get a notification. I think the cake would be fine without the box, and I would go with the 10in to accommodate the trimming like you said.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%