Newbie Questions!..3D Mallard Duck Cake, Stencils Etc...

Decorating By rebekah202003

rebekah202003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebekah202003 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 3:16am
post #1 of 1

Hi all! Would love to get other cake enthusiasts opinions and tips! I'm new to cake making and have some questions...

1. I have been asked to make a Hunter Green Mallard Duck for a baby shower...I have attempted one and everything was okay but not like I wanted except when I got to covering the head (made of Rice Krispies) in fondant..Oy vey it was a mess and I lost my patience...so any tips for carving, and covering? I have see the Rubber Ducky cake pan but I know that's not what the customer wants and it doesn't look right trying to shape it into a Mallard.

2. Cake Stencils. I have seen a tutorial on here and thought it was AMAZING. However I have been shopping for some and they are expensive...I am doing a bridal shower cake in October an would love to do the Damask print but without killing my check book. Any places that aren't outrageous? Tips on making my own?

3. Rolling Pins. I have been using an old wooden one of my Grandma's it doed the job but I'm wondering if there is on out there that might make my job a little easier. Any recommendations?

Thanks for any info. Sorry the thread was long!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%