Most Requested Novelty Flavor!!

Baking By loves2bake Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 8:36pm by jules5000

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:28am
post #1 of 60

What is your most requested novelty flavor

(baking for teenagers but there will be plenty of parents there too)

59 replies
Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:37am
post #2 of 60

i always get the same basic request vanilla or chocolate icon_sad.gif booooring

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:50am
post #3 of 60

Has anyone ever rec'd a request for a Strawberry Cake? a Pina Colada cake? or a Pineapple Cake? C'mon ladies, I've had these requests myself - share, don't be shy! What flavor gets ?Your tastebuds-a-tingling??

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:53am
post #4 of 60

Yes, lots of Strawberry, a few Pina Coladas and I think there was one pineapple.
Spiced apple was ordered a few times for fall weddings.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:58am
post #5 of 60

My mom LOVES my carrot cake so that's the main official request I get. My friends love the Guiness Chocolate cake done as the Irish Car Bomb with Bailey's cream filling. That's here on CC under the Gourmet Flavors thread.

My personal fav is simple but delicious and that is WASC cake with chocolate ganache frosting.

My dad's personal fav is strawberry cake with traditional strawberry buttercream but that is because my strawberry cake recipe is his Grandma's recipeicon_smile.gif

dlcamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlcamp Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:59am
post #6 of 60

Strawberry Lemonade from MacsMom's list.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:10am
post #7 of 60

mine have been a variety. carrot cake, apple cake, strawberry cake lemon cake, cho. cake, white. I don't mind getting the white and cho requests, what I feel frustrated with is they want to go straight cho. with cho. or white with white buttercream. with my girlfriends I just ask 3 things, what is your favorite flavor?, what is your favorite color? and are you allergic to anything? after that I get full reign to do what I want to do with those flavors and colors. they don't request anything specific. They know that they are my guinea pigs and the rest is my choice. Never had a complaint yet!! Also get raving reviews from the waiters and waitresses of the restaraunts we take the birthday cakes to. I am going to start grabbing my business cards. I have meant to every time and then forget. I am also going to start trying some of those gourmet flavors of macsmom.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:17am
post #8 of 60

Ooooo I would love to try strawberry lemonade!

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:17am
post #9 of 60

Ooooo I would love to try strawberry lemonade!

Dayyi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayyi Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:26am
post #10 of 60

My most requested is my strawberry Swirl cake, people just love that! Following to that is my Godiva chocolate Liqour Chocolate Cake. But, my personal favorite is my "yellow my way".

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:27am
post #11 of 60

I've only been baking for a year so most family and friends requests for my cakes have been different, but I've received the most raves from my peanut butter and jelly cake, banana cake with dulce de leche filling, and a strawberry lemon marble cake with white chocolate ganache filling. My personal favorite was a chocolate cake with a peppermint truffle filling.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:30am
post #12 of 60

Im still hearing how everybody loved my strawberry watermelon cake (strawberry cake with watermelon buttercream) and cherry limeade cake (cherry cake with lime buttercream)

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:31am
post #13 of 60

Lemon cake with lemon pudding filling and raspberry lemonade frosting.

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:42am
post #14 of 60

Since making it for friends and family, everyone keeps asking me to make more margarita flavored cake.
(my new favorite too.)

jules5000 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:24pm
post #15 of 60

VaBelle, and Myslady, how interesting your flavors and they all sound yummy. Is there any chance that you would put them on here for all of us? If no one else is interested, I am and I am betting that there are others who would love these flavors. thanks.

I have read some very interesting names of cakes I had never heard of on here from everyone. I just have never heard of a watermelon flavoring in a cake. all of ya'lls flavors sound good. Don't want to offend any of my friends on cake central.

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:37pm
post #16 of 60

Around here is everybody does chocolate and white. I have done a lemon when it was "my choice" and I knew lemon was their favorite. However, in the last two weeks, I have done 3 strawberry cakes. So maybe the tides are a turning! I did try the strawberry / lemonade cupcakes from here and the kids that were my testers ate it all without the icing......it was THAT GOOD! Thanks to all of you CC's out there! You make me look good!

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:54pm
post #17 of 60

#1 White chocolate cake w/raspberry buttercream filling

#2 Chocolate cake with cookies & cream b/c filling

#3 Yellow butter cake w/lemon scented b/c filling & blackberry jam

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:16pm
post #18 of 60

banana and choc swirl cake with caramel filling.

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:25pm
post #19 of 60

I made a wedding cake recently that was banana cake with chocolate buttercream. I had some leftover batter frozen, so I've been using it for one of my tasting sample flavors. Once people taste it, they love it and I've been getting many more that choose banana. I've had banana with peanut butter filling; banana with strawberry cream filling; banana with pineapple filling. They all were surprisingly very good!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 7:36pm
post #20 of 60

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there were any other cake flavors besides lemon. That is ALL I have been doing lately. Have another one coming up next week. LOL.

SweetcakesCT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetcakesCT Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 7:51pm
post #21 of 60

My most requested cc's are "Danny Boy": Jamison flavored CC with Irish cream BC; and "Action Jackson": brownie CC with a peanut butter cup center, chocolate ganache' and Choc and pb swirled BC.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 8:17pm
post #22 of 60

I do a serious coffee chocolate cake with homemade coffee liquor. My favorite and still most requested is egg sponge with fruit jam and whipped frosting/cream.

I don't make cakes as much as other desserts anymore but I am excited about Fall flavors!

jules5000 Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 12:40am
post #23 of 60

Sweetcakesct: are all of those cake and buttercream or icing recipes on cake central? Do I just look them up by the names you gave them here on the recipe page?

Queenofsweets: those combinations with the banana cake sound really good. do you mind sharing the recipes?

Dizzymaiden: How do you make your own coffee liqueor(sp?) ? Would love to be able to make some of that. The last time I went to buy some it was out of this world high. It was very reasonable when I bought my first bottle of it, but it lasted a long time. but the coffee liqueur didn't just raise a little, it raised sky high. If you would be willing to share I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

thecakestand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakestand Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 4:34am
post #24 of 60

Sorry this is a little off topic, but I looked over the list and I don't see the Strawberry lemonade recipe. I have the gourmet document saved, but maybe I have a later version of it? Would someone please share that recipe again? thanks!

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 5:00am
post #25 of 60

Seems I always get requests for vanilla and red velvet.

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 5:36am
post #26 of 60

Family- white, homemade whip cream, & fresh strawberries. (because its not overly sweet)
Coworkers - pistachio cake

Lately people are asking for my strawberry cake with the homemade strawberrypreserves filling.

I would like to do something new.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 8:41am
post #27 of 60

Most of my offerings are odd so that's all I get. I have only once done a chocolate and vanilla. Mine aren't really odd or novelty, but I take them a step further. For example, my Chocolate Raspberry has Chambord, Lemon Meringue, Key Lime, Bananas Foster, Kalhua, Godiva, Baileys, Italian Cream, Coca-Cola Cake, Hummingbird, Pecan Pie Cake, and my newest, Nuts and Berries.

I did try to make two novelty cupcakes... Guiness/Jameson/Bailey's, and Chocolate Absinthe, but they both ended up tasting amazingly delicious.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 12:33pm
post #28 of 60

Hi jules5000, you asked "how do you make your own coffee liqueor?"

I posted this on my blog - it is a great recipe but it does take about 3 weeks. However the Holidays are coming and this will be done and ready to go!

http://dizzymaiden.tumblr.com/

jules5000 Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 1:14pm
post #29 of 60

thecakestand: I do not think you are off topic at all. we are all talking about recipes and novelty cakes and I wanted that recipe too. I had not had time to go through the list. So thank you.

Dizzymaiden: thank you for sharing. I have not clicked over there yet, but will do so very very soon. It is very timely for the holidays and I love making tiramisu and it calls for a coffee syrup and some of the recipes call for a liqueur.

scp1127: I did try to make two novelty cupcakes... Guiness/Jameson/Bailey's, and Chocolate Absinthe, but they both ended up tasting amazingly delicious.

too funny!! I know you may not have meant it to be that way, but when someone says I did try ..... you kind of expect when they say but....that it ended up not so good. you ended that differently and I thought it was funny!! I thought all of your flavors sounded really good.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 1:19pm
post #30 of 60

Girls, these sound amazing!! Start posting your recipes pleeezeeeee!!!! I am drooling!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%