Light Tent For Cake Photos - Which One???

Decorating By Kristy838383 Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 2:19pm by brenda549

Kristy838383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy838383 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 3

I'm interested in getting a pop up light tent to start taking better photos of my cakes as I make them. I've seen some people discussing using sheets etc, but I haven't been able to produce the quality of photo I'm after with that.
I like the idea of the light tent kit because everything is there ready for you to just pop it out with the backdrop that suits and snap a photo. I guess by the time it comes to taking a photo I just want it to be done, so I can finally relax.
I'm trying to decide what size tent and if there is a brand or kit that is better. Any reviews or advice would be good.

Thank you

2 replies
Sara_Bee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara_Bee Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 11:54am
post #2 of 3

I looked at light tents and the only ones that would fit taller cakes were upwards of $100. Instead I use two pieces of foam core, one on bottom, one behind to photograph my cakes. I just set it up near a sunny window and start shooting. It's worked great and only cost me $10 or so. I tried using sheets, but got sick of constantly ironing them/photoshopping out the wrinkles.
However if you're intent on a light tent, Amazon was the least expensive place I found.

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 3

This is similar to the one my husband purchased for me. I think mine may be a 30" tent.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PME6JM/?tag=cakecentral-20

It came with everything shown, lights, backdrops, tent. I have some pictures in my gallery that show cakes with the different colored backdrops. It even makes pictures taken with my cell phone look fantastic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%