Cake Idea Help Needed

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 28 Aug 2011 , 5:13pm by KodiSnip

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 5

So my nephews birthday is next month and I need help with what to make him. I was originally going to do a cool guitar for him since that is what he is really into. I have recently started making tres leches cakes and he loves them so much he said forget the guitar he just wants a big tres leches cake. I can't keep these cakes in the house too long, they are eaten so fast. So I know I can't do any kind of 3-D cake but I still want the cake to look cool. He is turning 14 and loves to skateboard, guitars, art and is in football. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 5

I too love tres leches cake!

How about just making him a cool topper out of gp with all of the elements you listed.

You could model him wearing his football jersey (or his fav team's jersey) riding a skateboard, while playing a guitar.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 5

I like cakestyles idea. I, unfortunately, have never tried a tres leches cake. icon_sad.gif

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 5

I make a wonderful tres leches and I have seriously never seen a cake go so fast. The topper is a cute idea, he will get a kick out of it. I just had a thought, I can do the icing in green grass and make it look like a football field. I do those so much and really wanted to do something different but I'm limited with the type of cake.

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 5

I'm intrigued by the tres leches cake...sounds yummy! Is there a recipe you can pm me?

I've never had it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%