Help! Guitar Cookie Delivered, But Some Are Broken

Baking By msg1474 Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 12:16pm by bonniebakes

msg1474 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msg1474 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:30am
post #1 of 4

Finished making 25 guitar cookies, packaged them in clear bags, tied them with ribbon and a tag. Delivered the cookies (they were packaged in a box, nice and neat and not one was broken). I got a call a couple of hours ago and she tells me that only the 13 blue cookies were broken( the other colors-yellow and green ones were ok). It was too late to call her back. I'll be calling her tomorrow morning. I don't know what to do. I don't have time to make any extra, they took forever to make. I've offered to make repairs, but I first have to see the damage. I've never had any of my cookies break.
I was even thinking I should give her the money back for the broken cookies. What should I do?

3 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 6:20am
post #2 of 4

See of you can repair them and I would offer something like a 16.5% (probably round it to 15%) refund for the inconvenience (50% refund on 1/3 of the cookies =16.5%) if you can fix them. If not I would give her 35% refund (refund all the broken ones 1/3 of total price)

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 4

I am sorry to hear that your cookies broke. I have a tip that I am not sure from where I received it but it always works for me. When you pack the cookies in the delivery box, once they have been wrapped alway stand them on their side. Do not lay them down one on top of another. This prevents them from being damaged. I follow this trick all the time and I deliver very few broken cookies. HTH

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 4

when you delivered, did you and the customer both check for damage? If so, the cookies broke after delivery and it was not your fault, nor should you have to refund anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%