First Tiered Cake.. Ruined.

Decorating By jhess Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 3:29pm by Spuddysmom

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:02pm
post #31 of 38

What a save! Way to go! You really don't need to stack those tiers - they look like they were made to compliment each other. Very cute!!
Keep up those skills and you could open your open Cake Emergency Room where you could fix other people's caketastrophes.

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:12pm
post #32 of 38

WOW, I love the direction you took the cake. And your cupcakes look GREAT! And, very Yummy.

Every baker needs a problem cake every now an then. You might be saying, "This lady is CRAZY", but having these types of problems will make you a stronger baker. So embrace them, figure them out, seek help if needed, and push through it until you get the results you want. Look what you did because you didn't give up -- this cake is going to be a wonderful gift to you Aunt. I can't wait to see the finished product.

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 5:09pm
post #33 of 38

Simply amazing! If you're this savvy at 16, can't imagine the heights you will take caking when you get older!

jhess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhess Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 5:12am
post #34 of 38

I did NOT expect SO many people to post and compliment this cake!
Seriously, thank you everyone so so so much.

Yes, I will never used canned frosting again.
Cant believe I made such a great recovery! I left my camera at home, and couldnt drive back in time, so I ended up just taking a picture with my phone.
My aunt LOVED it, a lot of people liked it.
Overhead her sister in law talking some stuff about it, didnt mind though, it's all done and over with.
Also funny thing, my aunt and grandmother who hasnt spoken to my part of the family in years, my aunt came up to me and said she liked it!
Wow, didnt expect that.

Well, this was it put together! Semi proud.

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 5:15am
post #35 of 38

so glad it worked out for you!

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 6:07am
post #36 of 38

I think you should be more than "semi-proud". You overcame problems and presents a very nice cake! Be VERY proud. Many people wouldn't/couldn't attempt what you did. icon_biggrin.gif

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 6:59am
post #37 of 38

Semi proud? are you kidding? you've done an amazing job!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 3:29pm
post #38 of 38

Good for you! Not only did you show creativity (a good caking skills) by the way you rescued your cake - you demonstrated a lot of class at the party when you: "Overhead her sister in law talking some stuff about it, didnt mind though, it's all done and over with."
I hope your next cake is super fun for you! Can't wait to see it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%