Gourmet Peaches And Cream Cake Ffilling And Frosting Help

Decorating By MollyHammond Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 1:34pm by cfpeoples

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 5

I just made the peaches and cream cake. I used silver Clouds natural peach flavoring instead of the lorann. I did use more than the recipe called for. It came out really good. Now-I need ideas for a filling ASAP. i am pulling it out of the freezer now and want to fill and frost tonight. Help please!!!!!

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 5

I would go with a standard vanilla buttercream as the "creme" flavored filling. It's an excellent base and allows the peach flavor to really stand out.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 5

Ive heard of a french vanilla buttercream filling with a peaches and cream cake. Never tried it just thought Id give you a suggestion. Make a small batch and test it out.

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyHammond

I just made the peaches and cream cake. I used silver Clouds natural peach flavoring instead of the lorann. I did use more than the recipe called for. It came out really good. Now-I need ideas for a filling ASAP. i am pulling it out of the freezer now and want to fill and frost tonight. Help please!!!!!

I actually made cake with the same flavorings on Sunday - but it was vanilla 2-layer sheetcake (moisted before filling by peach syrup as a leftover of canned peaches), filling: tiny layer of peach jam on each layer to seal it, soft cheese with vanilla flavour and many tiny tiny slices of canned sweetened peaches, then I had to mix soft cheese with vanilla BC that I wanted to use for frosting (used only a tiny layer as a crumbcoat, due to high temperatures I was not able to frost with BC). Anyway cream cheese is not the best idea in summer, maybe it's better to fill only with BC (and peach slices if you want to add a genuine flavour). hth

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 5

I made a cake like this before too. I used the Silver Clouds flavoring as well, for the cake. For the buttercream, i added more of the silver clouds peach flavoring and also added some diced up canned (actually those little tiny lunch-box serving cups) that i chopped up a little further. It was DE-licious!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%