Need Help With Wording A Friendly Payment Reminder :d

Business By ConfectionsCC Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 8:58pm by sillywabbitz

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, just 2 weeks left before one of my bride's deposit is due. I know my policy is different than most, but I do not make many cakes, so it works for me. My wedding deposits are due 1 month before the wedding (no later!!!) and final payment due one week before the wedding date, delivery or not. If deposit is not paid, I will cancel the order, and let them know. So far, I have not had to do this yet! BUT this bride I feel is going to need a reminder as she has had the chance to pay since June, but its not actually due until Sept. 22nd. SO, how should I very very nicely word the reminder, and if the due date comes and goes with no payment, how do I tell her the cake order has been cancelled because of no payment? Sorry ya'll, I dropped out of public speaking in college LOL! Not the best with this kind of stuff!! Thanks! Love ya'll icon_biggrin.gif

Edit to say 4 weeks left, not 2 lol! Typo sorry! icon_redface.gif Was thinking I would send it 2 weeks before though!

6 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 7

If you have her email you could send her one and just say,

Dear (name here)
I know that the wedding date is getting closer and you are getting busier with last minute preparations. I just wanted to remind you that your final payment of $xxx.xx is due in full by (date here). Please be sure it arrives by the above date in order to assure your cake at the reception. If it is not received by that date I will consider it canceled unless you notify me prior to make other arrangements for payment. Any payment after this date will be by cash only and balance in full.

Respectfully,

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 7

What I send:

"Just a friendly reminder that your deposit of XXX is due XXX and your final payment of XXX is due XXX. Your order is not officially placed until this deposit is made. Please contact me at XXX if you have any additional questions or to place this order."

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 7

"Hey, chickie-poo. Pay for your cake or I send in the Big Guns."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Sometimes ya just want to lay it out simple so they know where you are coming from. icon_lol.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

ConfectionsCC,
I commend you on being proactive on this and I don't think you should feel like you are being intrusive by sending the reminder. When I was getting married a couple of years ago, I had put the deposit down on the venue and a few weeks before the wedding I emailed my venue a question. When she replied she mentioned I hadn't paid my "amount due". They were small and hadn't cancelled my reservation thank god but I would have gladly paid up had I realized I had missed the deadline. I know it was my responsibility but a friendly reminder would have been greaticon_smile.gif

I think all of the above are good suggestions...I even kind of like the chicki-pooicon_wink.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

"Hey, chickie-poo. Pay for your cake or I send in the Big Guns."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Sometimes ya just want to lay it out simple so they know where you are coming from. icon_lol.gif

Haha!!! This one made me laugh! Thanks ya'll! all of your answers are great! Not sure why I get so nervous about writing stuff like that...I understand weddings are very hectic to plan, so I do not mind one bit sending a friendly reminder! Think I should sent it now, one month before payment is due, or wait till the 2 week mark? I mean it is just for the deposit as of now, I don't require the rest of the balance to be paid until 1 week prior!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 7

I would wait until 2 weeks before. If you send it too early, she'll think she has plenty of time and forget.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%