Fillings That Does Not Need To Be Refridgerated For 2 Days?

Decorating By BabyGSR Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 9:25pm by sillywabbitz

BabyGSR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGSR Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 6

I'm looking for a few fillings that does not have to be refridge for a few days.

I am baking a chocolate cake, white cake, strawberry cake next weekend. I am looking for any good flavors to go with the cakes. Please Help. Thanks.

Tuesday: Bake Cakes -Freezes them-
Wednesday: Bake Cakes Cont. -Freezes them-
Thursday: fill the cake and put in fridge
Friday: Put marshmallow fondant over it - Drive 4 Hrs with the cake
Note: It will have to be left out of the fridge in case cake does not fit fridge
Saturday: Party at Noon

5 replies
fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 6

Ganache; curd and buttercream ( I have TRIED them at room temp. for at least 2 days and it did not go bad).

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 6

I just recently used this recipe and it was good. It can be left out as well.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/5773/oreo-filling

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 6

You can make a variety of fillings by just adding shelf stable items to your buttercream such as jams, jellies, melted chocolate, flavorings like Lorann's or toranni syrup.

If you have access to liquid bettercreme you can make shelf stable mouses by whipping bettercreme with powdered instant pudding.

I could be wrong but I thought curds require refrigeration because of the eggs. I'm never 100% sure on what is and isn't shelf stable but eggs, cream cheese etc make me nervous so I try and stick to things that I know are stable.

BabyGSR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGSR Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 6

thanks ya i'll check into those one of these days, oreo filllings sounds delicious.

sillywabbitz, I have a question, what is liquid bettercreme? I do have some bettercreme that i bought from sam's club (is that what it is?). \\

I was sitting here thinking is it possibly to add in strawberry jams and strawberry glazed in the bettercreme?

sometimes i cut up fresh strawberrys and mix it with strawberry glazed as a filling.

but since the cake the cake i'm making next week will be left out for 24 hrs i'm not sure how the fresh strawberry will hold up.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 6

The stuff you got at Sam's is pre-whipped bettercreme and yes you can add jam to it and create a cream filling. I usually microwave the jam so that I can get it smooth, let it sit on the counter until it's cool to the touch then mix it in. Liquid bettercreme is actually a liquid and comes in a quart container like whipping cream. You whip it yourself and can add flavorings, pudding etc. I get mine from my cake supply but depending on where you live you can get similar items at Smart and Final and Gordon's food supply. Pastry Pride and I think Velvet topping are similar products.

As for the fresh strawberries, on their own I wouldn't do it. I'm not sure what preservative features the glaze would have so I can't comment on that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%