Plz Help! 3 Tired Cake With Only A Center Pillar

Decorating By Tinabarena

Tinabarena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabarena Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 11:57am
post #1 of 1

Ok, I took on a 3 tiered square cake for a small, quick wedding (the groom is getting deployed so I took the last minute cake). Anyway, when the bride and I spoke, all she wanted was the 3 tiers seperated by a single pillar with the inner pillars being wrapped in ribbon. Seemed simple enough.

Now, I am finding that I can't find the clear pillars for the center! Is this even possible? I've searched the internet and can't seem to find a cake seperated by one single pillar. I did purchase a Wilton type thing that has just the center pillar, but the smallest plate size is an 8" and my cake is 6", 10" and 12" - and the Wilton plates are circle, not square - so this isn't going to work.

I have also seen those clear, hallow 1 1/2 inch wide pillars before - but can you use these for a 3 tiered cake? Would it be stable enough? If push comes to shove, and I can't think of a Plan B, I am thinking of using Wiltons fluted bowl/bubble pillar - but again, I've only seen that being used for a 2 tiered cake, not 3. If I used the fluted bubble, would it be stable to hold a 3 tiered cake?

Ugh! Any ideas - pleeeeeaaase!? I hope this makes sense. I'm crazy stressed about this now...TIA

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%