Whipped Cream Under Fondant?

Decorating By elizaBakes Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 1:47am by lilmissbakesalot

elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 3:21am
post #1 of 7

So, I had a random thought...
Has anyone tried putting whipped cream such as Bettercream or Pastry Pride (or any other non-dairy) under fondant? I've used Pastry Pride & Frostin' Pride quite a bit but never under fondant. I have a customer that does not like buttercream, likes whipped, and wants fondant.
ANY thoughts??????

6 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 4:47am
post #2 of 7

Nope. Too much moisture content. Melts the fondant from underneath, deflates, and seeps.

Sorry.
Rae

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 5:15am
post #3 of 7

I agree with the pp. Nope!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 5:24am
post #4 of 7

Put your whipped frosting as a big fat filling (but just make sure you put a BC dam around it.

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz661

So, I had a random thought...
Has anyone tried putting whipped cream such as Bettercream or Pastry Pride (or any other non-dairy) under fondant? I've used Pastry Pride & Frostin' Pride quite a bit but never under fondant. I have a customer that does not like buttercream, likes whipped, and wants fondant.
ANY thoughts??????

First time I used whipped cream as a filling and covered the cake with fondant, it literally 'ate' the fondant where touched it. Make a dam and in the end seal the whole cake with tiny layer of chocolate ganache, it should be ok (here in Switzerland and generally in Europe BC is not used as much as in the US, people generally don' t like it a lot, so I have to use mostly whipped cream or other fillings). Good luck icon_smile.gif

elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 1:09am
post #6 of 7

Thank you everyone, answers my question. For some reason I didn't receive any notifications anyone had replied. I'll just make a very thick layer of whipped filling and use as little buttercream as possible as you all mentioned. Thanks icon_smile.gif

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 1:47am
post #7 of 7

Or try SMBC... it is lovely, tastes like whipped cream, AND won't melt the fondant.

Not sure of the health regs where you are, but it could be an option. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%