Has Any One Use 'cupcake Creations" No Pan Cupcake Pape

Baking By labmom Updated 3 Sep 2011 , 9:40am by ANiceBaker

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 27

Yesterday I went to a store that I normaly don't frequent. I found in there baking isle "cupcake creations" -bakery quality easy peel baking cups. And went on to say No Muffin Pans Needed, and Greese Proof.

They had so many designs it was hard to choose what to try. they were 32 in a pk for $2.99. I don't know if this is the normal price because the store that I was in is very pricey like $9.00 per pound for lunchmeat. Thats why I don't go there often. I chose one they call elegant chocolate brown with a little bit of gold scroll work. They are very heavy duty when I opened the pack. I am going to try the today.

But I thought that someone might be able to tell me any issues they had with these. I have a cupcake wedding in Novemeber and trying to find a way to bake the cupcakes faster, and also not buy "wraps" if i can use one of these design to keep the look beautiful and the expense down. Because they are still cheaper than "wrappers" or a cricut wrapper cartridge plus paper.. and the last time I had to use wrappers each had to be fit to each cupcake and took forever looked great but still... time is money.

These are made in sweededn and they have a great website which is
www.createcupcakes.com so many choices..appreciate any feedback on these. and I will post as soon as I get these in the oven.

26 replies
crunchyoatmeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crunchyoatmeal Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 27

I have. And I am very disappointed in them. I was excited to see the range of prints and colors at a great price so I bought 4 different ones! I have not baked with them on a sheet pan just a muffin pan so I am not sure how they hold up that way. But they all pull away from the cupcake within minutes or after a few hours. I have tried many recipes and techniques to prevent it but it just doesnt work for me. I have read to tap the pans to release air bubbles, remove them immediately from pan, wait 5-10 min before removing, store in airtight containers, store in not so airtight. I am trying to use them all up so I only use them for testers which means I have used them for many recipes with no luck.

coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 27

I used them and they baked up beautifully. The liner didn't pull away at all. The colors stayed vibrant and fresh. I did use my cupcake pan though. I haven't tried them without it yet.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:52am
post #4 of 27

I 've used them and was really impressed. I baked some chocolate cuppies in their zebra striped hot pink trimmed wrappers and was pleasantly surprised that I could still see the design. These claimed to be grease proof and actually were. I used them in a cupcake pan and didn't have any pull away. See them in my photos

dacash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dacash Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 3:18am
post #5 of 27

I have used these....NEVER AGAIN!!! I had 21 dozen cupcakes to bake & the customer wanted silver but not the "cheap looking" silver ones. She wanted something more elegant. I found a nice "brushed" silver looking one in this brand. So I bought them and baked my cupcakes (using a cupcake pan) and by that night they had ALL started to peel away. By the next morning, most of them were completely peeled away. Needless to say I had to scramble, buy some "cheap looking" silver ones and re-bake them all. Luckily the client was very understanding and she didn't complain. Just thought I would share so that you don't make the same mistake.

bakemeacakeandmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacakeandmore Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 3:33am
post #6 of 27

I've used them and love them!! I put mine on a sheet pan and baked with no problems.

crunchyoatmeal Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 27

Oh I did forget to mention that the prints and colors do stay almost exactly the same as they look but maybe that is because the liners dont stick to the cakes long enough to change it icon_lol.gif

erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 27

I had the same problem with them pulling away so I contacted the company. The owner said they don't work very well with Duncan Hines mixes, especially chocolate, something about there being too much fat in the mix. He sent me a new pkg. to try. They were better with yellow cake but some still pulled away slightly hours later. I wouldn't feel comfortable using them for a customer. Too bad because they are nice looking and very sturdy. Maybe they will come up with a solution at some point but for now I'm just sticking to the Reynold's foil liners which I always have success with.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:23pm
post #9 of 27

How do you all cool your cup cakes....in the pans or do you take them out right away....maybe that has something to do with the pulling away?

coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:30pm
post #10 of 27

I take my cupcakes out of the pan immediately to let cool on a cooling rack. Mine didn't pull away at all. They were beautiful.

bakemeacakeandmore Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:32pm
post #11 of 27

I move mine to cooling racks right away.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:38pm
post #12 of 27

I love them. I don't have any problems with my cupcakes pulling away from the liners.

crunchyoatmeal Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:43pm
post #13 of 27

I have done both, take them out right away and cool in the pan for 5-10. After reading and reading about pulling liners I have tried every trick I could find. I also do not use cake mixes just scratch recipes so that is not the case. I have tried them with chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, coconut, you name it. I have to stick with the foil liners for now as well. I have found the glassine ones stay put but are greasy looking.

eta: spelling error

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 2:55pm
post #14 of 27

Crunchyoatmeal.....I have tried several different things also.....the foil liners are good...can always put them into a fancy paper cup for display.....

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 3:07pm
post #15 of 27

I swear by them. The only thing is if anyone has a place for buying in larger quantities, please share!!

GeminiCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiCake Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 3:13pm
post #16 of 27

I baked in them on Sunday. I took them right out of the pan and after cooling I put them into an air tight container. They did not pull away.

saraek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraek Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 4:52pm
post #17 of 27

I wouldn't mind giving them a try? Can you purchase them in stores, or just online?

CiNoRi Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 5:01pm
post #18 of 27

Some stores carry them, but they are kinda hard to find. I have actually had good luck getting them at Tuesday Mornings and Home Goods. as far as mainstream stores I don't know of any. Amazon & Globalsugarart.com has them.

bakemeacakeandmore Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 5:08pm
post #19 of 27

Hobby Lobby carries them.

crunchyoatmeal Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 8:55pm
post #20 of 27

I too found mine at Hobby Lobby and I believe I may have seen them at Meijers before as well but on one of those hanging strip things, not an actual shelf.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 9:16pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin12345

I had the same problem with them pulling away so I contacted the company. The owner said they don't work very well with Duncan Hines mixes, especially chocolate, something about there being too much fat in the mix. He sent me a new pkg. to try. They were better with yellow cake but some still pulled away slightly hours later. I wouldn't feel comfortable using them for a customer. Too bad because they are nice looking and very sturdy. Maybe they will come up with a solution at some point but for now I'm just sticking to the Reynold's foil liners which I always have success with.

The chocolate cuppies in my photos were chocolate cuppies made with a doctored DH mix. They didn't pull away. I remove them from the pan as soon as I can handle them and then put them in an air tight container as soon as they cool. From there I either frost or freeze.

erin12345 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 11:00pm
post #22 of 27

Gee, I guess I will give them another try. Maybe putting them in the air tight container sooner will help. I would like to use them as everything else about them is great.

CiNoRi Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 11:55pm
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin12345

Gee, I guess I will give them another try. Maybe putting them in the air tight container sooner will help. I would like to use them as everything else about them is great.

Air tight containers are bad news for cupcakes. it basically traps the moisture / makes them sweat.

erin12345 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:58am
post #24 of 27

I usually just put them in a cake box so I guess I'll stick with that. I was thinking maybe the air tight container might have some different effect with these particular cupcake papers since others have had success. Maybe I'll try just a couple of cc's without frosting just for the heck of it.

ur1976aj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ur1976aj Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 1:30am
post #25 of 27

I got mine from Wal-mart and they worked great I used Betty Crocker brand cake mix not sure if that makes a difference. Good Luck

CiNoRi Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:21pm
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur1976aj

I got mine from Wal-mart and they worked great I used Betty Crocker brand cake mix not sure if that makes a difference. Good Luck

Walmart really? Where abouts are you located? I don't think I have ever seen them at mine... Or really looked for that matter! thumbs_up.gif

ANiceBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANiceBaker Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 9:40am
post #27 of 27

Hi LabMom - how did your cupcakes turn out? Did you actually order from Cupcake Creations website? I'm having trouble with it ... do you have to order from the distributor list? Many thanks.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%