Need A New Buttercream Recipe

Baking By blbird Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 7:16pm by SweetAmy

blbird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blbird Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 6

I have been trying to find the perfect buttercream recipe, but all of the ones i tried were horrible. The icing was either just butter with a cup of sugar and u couldnt spread it, or it was too soupy, others just tasted bad or didnt spread nicely. Im looking for a recipe like they have in bakeries that spread nice, is very white and taste good, but is buttercream.

If you know a good buttercream recipe or have any tips that can help, please feel free to share.

Thank You icon_smile.gif

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 6

Hon what is *perfect!* for one person could be considedred horrible by another. Taste is so very personal. You are going to keep trying until you find what YOU like best.
Have you tried Sharon Zambito's (aka Sugar Shack/SugarEd Productions)?
What about IndyDebi's? Lost of people think it's great icon_smile.gif
I have posted on called '2 of everything' that many are finding yummy.

blbird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blbird Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 6

ok thank you kakeladi all try them.

I just want like a buttercream i can rely on to spread nice and is white not yellow.
Thank you though ill try them.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 6

I actually like BC without butter, like Sugarshack's and Indydebi's. But my absolute fave is the 'whipped cream butter cream' in the recipe section on this site.

seniyajw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seniyajw Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 3:10am
post #5 of 6

I have nice comments when I did. Actually I have avoided making the Red Velvet Cake. It has never been one of my favorites. I do not understand why people like it so much.

SweetAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAmy Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 6

This is what I always use:
1 cup crisco
1 cup butter
2lbs sifted confectioners sugar
2 tsp clear vanilla
2 tbsp meringue powder (optional)
4 tbsp water (more as needed) if you want a creamer richer icing use heavy cream

If you want really white icing you need to use clear vanilla and white food coloring, I like the americolor bright white.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%