Fondant B&g Cake Topper?

Decorating By CutieMcCakes Updated 24 Aug 2011 , 6:46pm by Price

CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a bride and groom out of fondant or gumpaste for the top of a wedding cake?

5 replies
CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 6

anyone? please help! I'm not sure how to make the structural support for it.

Jody130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jody130 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 6

I've cut numbers and letters from gumpaste/fondant before, I printed mine from my word program, then printed it, rolled out my gumpaste/fondant mixture , cut out your letters from paper, lay on top of gumpaste and cut out with sharp cutter, then I've used the wooden bbq skewers to insert into them from the bottom, just make sure your fondant is thick enough to insert them into before cutting, I then place them on wax paper and let air dry for several days, I rotate them daily front to back, and then place excess skewer into cake. Hope that helps

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6

You can make them out of gumpaste I know there are tutorials out there to explain it in depth. I never used a tutorial for my figurines. I just made each part of the person separately and attached it together with a little water. When attaching the head I used a toothpick. I am not a pro by any means but my figurines are pretty good using that method. Have never had a problem before. HTH icon_smile.gif

Jody130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jody130 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 6

SORRY!!! Ignore my previous post, I thought you were referencing on how to make initial toppers not actual bride and grooms, LOL!!! But I have watched numerous ones on youtube on figures, you may try there.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 6

Have you done any modeling with fondant or gumpaste? Polymer Clay books are helpful. I have one titled "How to Make Clay Characters" by Maureen Carlson. It is very good and very helpful. Also Lorraine McKay has classes to teach how to model a Bride and Groom. She has online tutorials, but I'm not sure if she has one specifically for B&G.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%