Need Idea For Shared Bday Cake Plz :)

Decorating By krumbledkakes Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 7:49am by krumbledkakes

krumbledkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:05am
post #1 of 6

My nephew and husbands birthday is coming up in just a few weeks, and I'm going to be making them a cake for a shared birthday.

I was going to do 2 layers, one for each of them (8" & 6" ). Since I'm just beginning, I don't want to do anything really crazy or something I won't be able to achieve, but want to really personalize it for each of them.

My nephew is going to turn 11, hubby 25. Nephew loves action/superhero movies, LOVES listening to music of all types, and video games.

Hubby also LOVES video games, career in electronics, & loves scary movies.

I want to try to incorporate the things they love, but feel that the cake will be way too busy to try to put it all on. Plus, I've only done really girly cakes and not really sure how to make a male cake.

Any ideas/color schemes would be wonderful and very much appreciated!

5 replies
CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:31am
post #2 of 6

If I were you I'd count myself lucky that they both share something in common....video games. I'd try to incorporate one of there favorite games on each tier of the cake.

krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:33am
post #3 of 6

True, maybe I'll look into some Mortal Combat cakes, they both love that game lol

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 7:08am
post #4 of 6

Since your nephew is 11...find one of your husbands video games that has a superhero in it. It doesn't have to be the super heroes we grew up with ... but something your nephew admires & looks up to. I would stay away from the gory games because your nephew may be allowed to play them but if his friends come over & they are not allowed to play with that particular game it could cause some riffs.

Also you can Shape one of the cakes into whichever game system they use...& make the second or other layer ... a few video game boxes....Like a Wii & some of the games they like. almost like a deck of cards....use edible image to put the pics of the games on the "game boxes"...

I'll try to find a similar pic for you

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 7:21am
post #5 of 6
krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 7:49am
post #6 of 6

Eeeek, thank you so much. Great ideas, have my creative juices flowing now!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%