post #1 of 45

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

44 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:37am
post #2 of 45

Two wedding cakes for me, both ultra easy and done.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:40am
post #3 of 45

One small baby shower cake. Done. Now working on a scotch with ice and maraschino cherries.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:41am
post #4 of 45

karateka, you crack me up! icon_lol.gif

i'm working a a small 2nd birthday cake for tomorrow, Wizard of Oz theme. icon_biggrin.gif

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #5 of 45

One golf-themed cake for a retirement party - done and picked up (yay!).

Next I'll be working on some dummy cakes for a showroom after I stop procrastinating. They are due Monday. It's going to be a long weekend....ugh.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #6 of 45

I actually don't have any weddings tomorrow, ha! Just had 6 birthday cakes today... not too terrible.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #7 of 45

nothing for an order, but have a red velvet cake ready to ice in the morning. Went by Chef Stef's recipe and the changes that someone else said they made to it. I am making the icing in the mornig and it is for a cake club picnic Sunday afternoon. I also made a gluten free cupcakes for a lady in our club that is a celiac(sp?). I am not sure, but I think that I am just going to make a yummy chocolate buttercream to spread on them. It may not even be a true buttercream.

I have 2 cakes for Sept, but those are the next cakes on order. making some oreo cookie balls for Sunday Welcome table at church. Just got to dip them. that is about all. Went car shopping today so that took up most of my day.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #8 of 45

Easy weekend! Whew after last weekend...lemon layer cake going to try the swirl roses for my husbands parents 66th anniv bbq tomorrow...and cupcakes. Grandson's birthday sunday but my daughter is making that one! Get to go to bed early!

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:47am
post #9 of 45

I'm going to work on counting the veins in my eyelids icon_wink.gif I finally have a weekend off, and that doesn't happen very often. Getting ready for a 4 tier wedding cake and a tractor grooms cake soon though. Any tips on the tractor cake?

Karen

baileysdaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileysdaddy Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:49am
post #10 of 45

nothing for me tonight, dropped off a birthday cake today & I'm done for the weekend. YAY!

I do have a question though. Does anyone know how many servings the Wilton soccer ball pan gives? I mean, two of them together, in a 3D ball.

And, I've never used it before, but with the smaller Wilton ball pan, it never seems deep enough to me. I always have to add an extra inch or 2 inch layer between the two sides to make it more proportionally round. Do you have to do that with the soccer ball pan as well?

leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:51am
post #11 of 45

jules, I just bought a new van and it was the best car shopping experience ever. Picked it out on line, test drove it in person, then did the whole negotiation online. Then I wired the $ to them and they delivered it.

I've got one weekend in September where I will seriously lose my mind. And I just accepted another order for that weekend by mistake. Of course they paid in full at the consultation.

leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:01am
post #12 of 45

baileys, this is a *very* rough guestimate, but I believe that 1/3 cup of batter equals one serving. Do you know how much batter goes into that pan?

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:06am
post #13 of 45

I had a monkey brithday cake due tomorrow, pre made the monkey to dry and the accents... customer kept saying she was having a hard time paying with my paypal link and like an idiot I went ahead and made the cake thinking she would pay by 5:00 today ( that was the final deadline I gave her). Of course never happened.... my own fault.. always only give 48 hour deadline to pay or no cake,but she insisted it was my paypal giving her problems, but now im stuck with a monkey cake..LOL I was suckered.. just didnt want to pull an all nighter if she did pay. I will donate it to the childresn hospital tomorrow. I am done for the weekend icon_smile.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:09am
post #14 of 45

Just finished painting the floor of my VERY soon to be finished cake studio! I am so close after working on it for sooo long.

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:10am
post #15 of 45

No way JSKConfections- that's exactly what I'm making tonight! I'm making mine for my husband's grandmother's birthday tomorrow. Trying to decide what kind of filling I want to put in- lemon buttercream, white chocolate buttercream, strawberries. I just want to eat it now! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:12am
post #16 of 45

jenng, what's the floor made of? Concrete or wood? What kind of paint? I'm looking for something durable for a floor . . .

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:22am
post #17 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysdaddy

nothing for me tonight, dropped off a birthday cake today & I'm done for the weekend. YAY!

I do have a question though. Does anyone know how many servings the Wilton soccer ball pan gives? I mean, two of them together, in a 3D ball.

And, I've never used it before, but with the smaller Wilton ball pan, it never seems deep enough to me. I always have to add an extra inch or 2 inch layer between the two sides to make it more proportionally round. Do you have to do that with the soccer ball pan as well?

i've used the small ball with the two sides i've gotten about 12 servings out of it...obviously thin slices....there's a larger one? never had to add a layer of cake in between since the frosting sort of does the trick icon_wink.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:25am
post #18 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

jenng, what's the floor made of? Concrete or wood? What kind of paint? I'm looking for something durable for a floor . . .

Its a concrete floor in my basement. Rustoleum brand ~ Epoxy shield ~ basement floor coating. Its 2 cans that you mix together and let sit for 30 minutes and then roll it on. It went on super easy, the base can be tinted to a handful of colors and then it has the little black and white "sprinkles" that you toss on if you want. I am not sure about the durability because I got impatient and excited and drug a fridge across it after only 2 hourits (box says 24 - oops) and roughed it all up. I got it at menards for about 30/gallon. box says it will cover 250 sq ft but i got way more than that

eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:26am
post #19 of 45

Nothing tonight, but tomorrow I am going to practice with my icing tips. I want to learn piping. But of course I cut my finger really bad making dinner tonight. I seem to cut my fingers really bad before I do anything cake related. Do you think this is a bad omen? icon_sad.gif

leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:28am
post #20 of 45

hmmm . . . I'm looking for vinyl tile - in pink, and you would NOT believe how difficult it is to find. LOL. You'd think I was the only person in the world who wants pink vinyl tile.

That epoxy sounds interesting.

DianneandBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianneandBrad Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:30am
post #21 of 45

Sports themed baby shower cake for my niece tomorrow and a Baptism cake for Sunday. I made the baby Converse shoes for the shower cake and I am so please with the way they turned out. If it wasn't for the youtube video I found, I nevery would have figured out how to make them with just the template. What a blessing to be able to make the Baptism cake for the same person I made the baby shower cake for!

jules5000 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:33am
post #22 of 45

leah, we found and bought a car. first one we looked at and first place we went to. God really blessed us. It just took 3 1/2 hours. lots of waiting time. It is a 2010 Hyundai Elantra.

lqueds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lqueds Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:34am
post #23 of 45

Good evening everyone...I just finished putting the fondant on a birthday cake for an 18th birthday party and will finish the decorating at the crack of dawn. But I do have one question.....this cake needs to be shiny and I am wondering which way will be better.....to steam it or spray it with an edible glaze (in a spray can)? Thanks!!

leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:35am
post #24 of 45

I bought a mamma-jamma cargo van.

leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:35am
post #25 of 45

I used to drive a 2 seater sports car, red of course. This cargo van is ginormous.

myKzooKid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myKzooKid Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:39am
post #26 of 45

One more of many nights working on gumpaste Star Wars figurines for my son's birthday coming up in 2 weeks. Just saw that I have to redo some boots for Obi Wan Kenobi. They're big enough to squash the R2D2 I've made! Getting the scale right on these suckers is tough because they are so small.

fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:48am
post #27 of 45

Just called it quits for the night. I am working on a treasure chest cake and pirate cupcakes!

kmstreepey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmstreepey Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:50am
post #28 of 45

Nothing going right for me today/tonight. Could use some good cake mojo sent my way! It's going to be a long night...

jules5000 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:57am
post #29 of 45

kmstreepy, I have had those nights and days as well. I do not know if you know the Lord, but if you do, give it all to him. It is amazing how much he helps me in my cake decorating. He helps me save time, and helps me figure out how to save something that is falling apart. God bless you. Give it to him and let yourself de-stress.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:00am
post #30 of 45

Hey Memphis...been dying to try the swirl roses! Looks so pretty and easy, I hope it is! Mine is vanilla
cake and lemon filling, the family favorite! a dozen cupcakes will be vanilla with strawberry filling, and a
dozen choc with caramel filling and ganache on top! I just made a double batch of the fluffy frosting Southerncross posted this week made with flour and milk...so light and creamy, very light yet it holds its
shape...no stress with this one. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%